I just got a new 9530 Storm and I was wondering if there was a way to use the unlimited internet on it on my PC? I remember before when I used to have a Blackberry (I had an iPhone previously before the Storm) a couple years ago there was a way to make it a modem that I could the internet from it on to my PC. Does anyone know if there is a way to use my Storm's internet on my Windows Vista laptop, via the modem way, or an app of some kind? Thanks.
    01-31-09 04:59 PM
    why would you want to do that?
    01-31-09 05:01 PM
    You could read up on this thread. http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...3/index17.html
    Not sure if it will work for the storm but I dont see why it wouldnt.
    01-31-09 05:05 PM
    why would you want to do that?
    Because part of the time I live up on a farm where the only internet I can get is dial-up and extremely slow. The BB internet is much faster.
    01-31-09 05:11 PM
    You could read up on this thread.
    Not sure if it will work for the storm but I dont see why it wouldnt.
    Thanks it worked perfect! My only question is...since I have unlimited internet, this wont charge anything extra correct? Just wondering because the phone says its in modem mode, but I assume that still uses the regular internet service, same as what you would use when browsing on the phone?
    01-31-09 05:41 PM
    Dont hold me to this as I'm only going off memory. I think verizon charges a 15 dollar tethering fee. Some have said doing this they didnt get a bill so I really dont know. Sorry.
    01-31-09 05:46 PM
    You better check because verizon has fee for just about everything. There may be a charge for using the storm as a modem because some carriers do charge for that your talking about doing

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-09 05:49 PM
    You better check because verizon has fee for just about everything. There may be a charge for using the storm as a modem because some carriers do charge for that your talking about doing

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Hmm, well im with Bell Canada and I have the unlimited internet package. Never seen or heard anything about a tethered modem seperate charge, or the ability to do that either.
    01-31-09 05:53 PM
    Hmm, well im with Bell Canada and I have the unlimited internet package. Never seen or heard anything about a tethered modem seperate charge, or the ability to do that either.
    Jake...I guess the fact that you arent with verizon helps alot. I have no idea why I thought you were with them. My oversight, looking at too many threads I suppose. My appologies. Although I would atleast check your service providers website for any sneaky charges.
    01-31-09 05:59 PM
    Jake...I guess the fact that you arent with verizon helps alot. I have no idea why I thought you were with them. My oversight, looking at too many threads I suppose. My appologies. Although I would atleast check your service providers website for any sneaky charges.
    Yeah Ive been looking under all the internet/data plans and nothing about a tethered modem or anything like that listed. Nothing about it under any of the FAQ's or any previous questions asked. Weird..
    01-31-09 06:04 PM
    Might not charge then...who knows. Ultrarunner is right though, verizon would hit you for everything they can. All I can say is try it for a while and cross your fingers or call them and ask about tethering package. See what they say.
    01-31-09 06:06 PM
    you need the tethering plan.. and the storm plan is not unlimited. I think there is a soft 5 GB limit montly.
    01-31-09 06:07 PM
    Might not charge then...who knows. Ultrarunner is right though, verizon would hit you for everything they can. All I can say is try it for a while and cross your fingers or call them and ask about tethering package. See what they say.
    Thanks, I have a friend that owns a Wirless Wave store, hes the one who got me my phone and hooked me up with the package. Ill ask him, cause he'll give me an honest answer. Ill reply back when I find out, just in case anyone else is wondering the same thing.
    01-31-09 06:09 PM
    No problem. Tell your friend to send me a new 8900 curve
    01-31-09 06:13 PM
    you need the tethering plan.. and the storm plan is not unlimited. I think there is a soft 5 GB limit montly.
    Is this when it comes to Bell Canada? Because I have found nothing about such plan, nor about a 5gb limit. The plan I pay for is unlimited..if its not, then I will be complaining.
    01-31-09 06:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD