I have alot I need to go through and clean out. Is there a way I can sort by sender? Ive tried playing around and nothing obvious is sticking out.
    Thanks!
    04-07-09 01:35 PM
    You have your SMS and e-mails separated, right? As far as sorting by sender, you can use the Search function while in you e-mail inbox and it should bring up all the e-mails by a specific sender. As far as actually sorting out by sender, though, I'm not sure there is a way.

**EDIT** Not sure if this works on the Curve, but if you highlight an e-mail, hit the Menu Button (left of the trackball) and several "Searches" should show. Select "Search Recipient" or "Search Subject".

Hope this is somewhat useful...
    Last edited by S7ar Scr3am; 04-07-09 at 01:45 PM.
    04-07-09 01:42 PM
    I think your Curve will let you use the search function by typing in the specific address you're looking for and will display those messages from to and from that person.
    04-07-09 01:43 PM
    As far as actually sorting out by sender, though, I'm not sure there is a way.
    Figures. Poopy

ok, thanks anyway
    04-07-09 01:44 PM
    Figures. Poopy

ok, thanks anyway
    Boo the limited ways in which you are allowed to sort e-mail.
    04-07-09 01:48 PM
    It's a bummer, isn;t it!
    04-07-09 01:49 PM
    Boo the limited ways in which you are allowed to sort e-mail.
    but YAY! to you always being 30 seconds behind me with the absolute answer
    04-07-09 01:51 PM
    Figures. Poopy

ok, thanks anyway
    Doesn't the Curve let you checkmark "messages" in a search on your phone for a specific address for received and sent messages? I just did the search on my Bold and it worked fine.
    04-07-09 01:51 PM
    Jennifer,

You can filter your email messages to see only those that are from a specific person. Touch and hold your finger on a message from the person you want filter on -- don't press. A blue line will fill the message header under your finger. When it is full all the messages from that sender will be displayed. You can then delete the messages from that sender that you no longer want.

Note: if the header fills under the senders name that it will filter all the messages from that sender. If it fills under the subject it will filter by the message subject.

I just cleaned out my mailbox using this method.
    04-07-09 01:59 PM
    Doesn't the Curve let you checkmark "messages" in a search on your phone for a specific address for received and sent messages? I just did the search on my Bold and it worked fine.
    Slooooow down, Im a little challenged at this. Plus Im afraid of hitting something again where all 4000 of my gmails started pushing to my phone.

anyways, yes it appears I can do that, however I have to manually enter the email address. I was just wondering if there was something easier, like how you can just hit "from" like on a computer, then delete blocks. But I appreciate the info because that will come in handy when I need to try and find a specific email.

But for now I need to get these emails deleted from whoever keeps telling me "Dont be flacid at critical time" and "Chimpanzee hardcore". Gmail thinks Im a dude
    04-07-09 02:01 PM
    Slooooow down, Im a little challenged at this. Plus Im afraid of hitting something again where all 4000 of my gmails started pushing to my phone.

anyways, yes it appears I can do that, however I have to manually enter the email address. I was just wondering if there was something easier, like how you can just hit "from" like on a computer, then delete blocks. But I appreciate the info because that will come in handy when I need to try and find a specific email.

But for now I need to get these emails deleted from whoever keeps telling me "Dont be flacid at critical time" and "Chimpanzee hardcore". Gmail thinks Im a dude
    Hahaha!

Anyway, just highlight the e-mail address associated with "Chimpanzee Hardcore", hit the Menu Button and scroll down until you see "Search Subject". Should show all 300 e-mails pertaining to primate lovin', then just highlight all and delete.
    Last edited by S7ar Scr3am; 04-07-09 at 02:06 PM.
    04-07-09 02:03 PM
    Hahaha!

Anyway, just highlight the e-mail address associated with "Chimpanzee Hardcore", hit the Menu Button and scroll down until you see "Search Subject". Should show all 300 e-mails pertaining to primate lovin', then just highlight all and delete.
    Good call!

um, I just noticed the sender is [email protected]
    wtfbbq??
    Last edited by jenniferrichalle; 04-07-09 at 02:12 PM.
    04-07-09 02:10 PM
    Once you filtered your messages you can highlight you can delete blocks of messages. To do this, touch the first (most recent) message you want to delete with one finger and then touch a second (older) message with another finger. Those two messages and all the messages in between will now be selected and highlighted. You can then scroll through your messages and with each message you touch the selected block will grow to included all the message between it and the first message selected. You can then delete all the selected/highlighted messages. It my take some practice but it is very useful for mailbox cleanup.
    04-07-09 02:14 PM
    I think your Curve will let you use the search function by typing in the specific address you're looking for and will display those messages from to and from that person.
    On my curve if I highlite a email then menu the search recipient it will bring up all e$ails from that sender

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-09 09:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD