Anyone know how to recover a username and password from the BB BIS website? I just switched from a curve to a bold, and I need to login to change my email settings.

Ive tried creating a new account, but when I enter my new PIN and IMEI it says an unknown error has occured.

I cant get it sent to my old curve because the service is shut off on that phone.
    12-22-09 10:52 PM
    You got bad timing, I'm guessing you don't read the blogs lol
    12-22-09 10:56 PM
    LOL......great.
    12-22-09 11:00 PM
    Your carrier's technical support should be able to reset it for you and give you your login name. I had a similar experience a year ago and Verizon were the people to talk to.
    12-22-09 11:04 PM
    You don't need to make a new account. All you need to do is login with your
    existing u/name and p/word, change your device info and resend your service
    books. Granted with the outage it will be a while for it to process.
    12-22-09 11:05 PM
    if you transfert your BBs using desktop menager everything will be automatic... Call technical support will work too...
    12-22-09 11:06 PM
    I did a device switch with BB desktop manager. Im not able to send or receive any emails...texts and internet are working fine on my phone...

amazingly, thats the problem...I dont remember my username or password.

About 8 months ago, I had forgotten it, and so I called the assistance number listed on the BIS site, but the tech or rep or whatever he was couldnt help me. I eventually remembered the username and password, and wrote it down somewhere, but cant fror the life of me find it.

I know theres BB data problems right now, but that shouldnt affect the BIS site, should it?
    12-22-09 11:17 PM
    And of course AT&T has no live reps this time of night....
    12-22-09 11:19 PM
    Dude, RIM's having issues... even the BIS portals are goofed. Put the BB down and do something else, you're wasting your time. Even if you could log into the BIS portal, you still couldn't change PINs and push the Service Books down to the new phone.
    12-22-09 11:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD