to do a diagnostic test on your BB to check the performance ? I had a full charge this morning...hardly used it today at work .... yet it was down to 10% when I left work . That's over 9 hours .

The only thing I changed in the last week was adding the trial version of Ace Email Viewer . I also upgraded my OS to V 4.5.0.77 ....and I'm pretty sure it's configured right .

The other 3rd party apps I have on it are

Aerize Alerts
    Geocache Navigator
    Google Maps
    Quick Pull
    Vib and Ring
    Weathereye
    BB Wallet

Nothing that shouldn`t be is running in the background as I`m anal about making sure I close everything properly and not just back out of it .

Also , would it harm the OS if I deleted BB maps as I prefer Google maps . Right now I have BB maps hiding and figured I ' d check before giving it the boot

Any help would be muchly appreciated .
    04-29-09 08:03 PM
    options > status type the word test
    press menu and select Start

EDIT: For the Pearl type T E S S T

Mobile Network Diagnostic:
    Options > mobile networks > press menu > select Diagnostic Test
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 04-29-09 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Forgot a couple of things
    04-29-09 08:06 PM
    this is a really cool tool that not many people know about. i often forget about it.. thanks for reminding me AG!
    04-29-09 08:16 PM
    Thanks AG

But where do I type the word TEST . Going into options > status there is nowhere for me to type text . I tried just typing it anyways and pushing menu and it brought up DATABASE SIZES , COPY , SWITCH APPLICATION , CLOSE.

Did notice my file free was only at 9.8 MB so did a quick pull which brought it up to 14.8 MB. This is where it was at this morning so seems like I could have a memory leak as well . Also , before the quick pull my battery was at 25%...after the QP it was at 45% . Could low file free memory cause your battery to read lower / drain faster than it should and would doing a QP act as a refresh and make the battery level jump

Also , I'm connected to a BT headset all day ...but have been for the past 3 months and it's never really caused a battery drain
    04-29-09 08:32 PM

EDIT: For the Pearl type T E S S T

Mobile Network Diagnostic:
    Options > mobile networks > press menu > select Diagnostic Test

That works...testing now
    04-29-09 08:34 PM
    Everything passed EXCEPT for my GPS antenna . Which could explain why I've been having troubles with Geocache Navigator . YET google maps just located me in my basement . So how can my antenna be buggy if satellites find me in a basement ?
    04-29-09 08:54 PM
    Short in the antenna?
    04-29-09 08:56 PM
    Short in the antenna?
    How would you check that ? My BB is in an otterbox case...could that play into reception quality ?
    04-29-09 09:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD