I bought a bb curve 8330 for my underage child. Is there third party software available to monitor which web sites he is going to?
    11-04-09 12:49 PM
    I bought a bb curve 8330 for my underage child. Is there third party software available to monitor which web sites he is going to?
    you can go to the browser > history > and view it there.
    11-04-09 01:00 PM
    you can go to the browser > history > and view it there.
    well that's depending on whether he doesn't know how to delete that
    11-04-09 01:07 PM
    well that's depending on whether he doesn't know how to delete that
    agreed but most don't
    11-04-09 01:12 PM
    11-04-09 03:10 PM
    well if he finds CB he will figure it out quickly!
    11-04-09 04:21 PM
    agreed but most don't
    Really? Depending on the age, most kids will figure out how to hide what they do before they do it. My 9 year old, maybe. My 12 year old, he'll know every option on the phone that he needs within an hour.
    11-04-09 11:45 PM
    this might be opening up a can of worms, but if you cant trust them to do the "right thing" with the phone, i wouldnt buy them/allow them to have a phone with internet access.
    11-04-09 11:50 PM
    Really? Depending on the age, most kids will figure out how to hide what they do before they do it. My 9 year old, maybe. My 12 year old, he'll know every option on the phone that he needs within an hour.
    Sooo true, most kids and teenagers learn to use electronic devices much quicker than any 30+ year old average person (thats not in the IT field of course). And thats one out of the many reasons why, the need for privacy that derives from curiousity, kids are eeeevil .

That would pretty easy on a BES server, but on BIS i dont think there is an ondevice app for that.

edit:
    found this one
    BlackBerry App World - SMobile Security Shield Parental Control Edition

another
    https://wbillpay.verizonwireless.com...c_overview.jsp
    content filter from same page
    https://wbillpay.verizonwireless.com...ent_filter.jsp
    FAQs
    Answers to FAQs

just check them to see if they fit
    Last edited by gbsn; 11-05-09 at 12:21 AM.
    11-04-09 11:58 PM
    this might be opening up a can of worms, but if you cant trust them to do the "right thing" with the phone, i wouldnt buy them/allow them to have a phone with internet access.
    This = but hey by today's standards it might be child abuse to prevent a child from owning a smartphone.....
    11-05-09 08:14 AM
    I have a feeling he may be erasing history. The company I work for tracks its employee's browsing history using a third party software. Is there a third party software I can add to the phone which will push me reports?
    11-05-09 10:47 AM
    Maybe you should just get him a dumbphone with no internet...I don't know of any apps to see what your child is looking at on the net. I'm sure if he is smart enough to know how to work a BB then he is smart enough to know how to erase the history.
    11-05-09 10:50 AM
    I have a similiar issue, I want to be able to track my childs BBM conversations to make sure that she is not using the phone during school hours. Regualr text msgs are itemized onmy bill, but I have not figured out a way to itemize BBm conversations. Any help out there???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-09 02:24 PM
    As a teen myself, I find this a bit wrong, but it depends on the circumstances and I know the tricks teens use so I'll help out.
    I don't believe there is anyway to monitor BBM even through BES, but I believe miQ or SmrtGuard might be something to look at for monitoring internet usage, although if your teen is going anywhere bad, he'd know how to clear the browser history....BTW, this is my third BB and I pay for data. (So to avoid any conflicts like in previous threads similar to this.)

11-05-09 02:37 PM
    Just remove the data plan, easy. They don't really need internet, SMS and phone are more than enough to keep in touch with them when needed.
    11-05-09 02:39 PM
    To answer the OP's question: I don't think there are any apps that will push a browsing or BBM history. Good app idea though!
    11-05-09 03:21 PM
    i know there are apps for monitoring sms and emails, but not browser usage...if you are worried about what they are doing on phone browsers, limit their plan to just the basics until they can afford their own plans. just my opinion of course. also, it doesnt hurt to directly speak to them instead of trying to figure out what they're doing behind their backs because if they find out, then it becomes a terrible trust issue
    11-05-09 03:31 PM
    I agree with all above suggestions. Thank you all!! I just want to make sure that there is no texting or BBM'ing during school hours. I have already discussed the rules with my child, just double checking to make sure the rules are being followed if u know what I mean. I can see the texting usage from my cell phone bill but not the BBM usage.(time-wise).

11-05-09 03:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD