OK I Have an 8530 5.0 OS and I would really love to get some sort of notification when I get a SMS msg or an email.....I get the whole ringing when the phone rings but is there an app or a setting to get it so when I get an SMS I get an alert in my ear so I am not constantly looking at my phone for text msgs. There has to be a way to make this happen.....

On a side note when I had my Samsung Instinct when I would get a call from someone in my contacts list it would say call from john Doe then ring...is there an app that allows that to happen with the BB?

I know if any of these exist my fellow Crackberry folks would be the ones to talk to....
    03-19-10 05:16 PM
    Not that I know of. Alerts always go to the speaker, even if you have headphones plugged in.
    03-19-10 05:22 PM
    You can use elertify to get a visual or audible notification (as well as the content) on your PC, but I don't think you can route the actual alert to a bluetooth headset, probably because the general use case probably does not want this since bluetooth is used for talking.
    03-19-10 05:31 PM
    Hmm I was hoping someone would of had some app solution for this or something....
    03-21-10 07:46 PM
    yes there is a way likelyanswer.com/
    04-16-14 06:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD