Okay so I know that the words I wish the blackberry could do something a normal phone could is like cell phone blasphemy but I did find one thing. I hate the fact that if I receive a text I have to practically cancel out everything I am doing to read it. I wish it would just pop up, I can respond to it, and then I will be brought right back to what I was doing (like reading crackberry.com). Something close to what every regular old phone does.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-08 12:21 AM
    i actually find a benefit in this. I have different tones set for text, email, pin . . etc and when im on the web browser i can tell what i have coming in and choose to either continue what im doing or read it. I like the fact that i have the OPTION to do this instead of just some annoying pop up window coming up!
    09-12-08 01:01 AM
    If you hold Alt + back button the BB will bring up the application switcher. From there you can pick where you want to go (messages, home screen, address book, etc). Then when you are done repeat the same process to go back to what you were doing. For even easier access to the application switcher you can go to screen/keyboard options and set it to one of your convenience keys. Hope this helps.

09-12-08 01:19 AM
    Application Switcher is your Friend!

So are Keyboard Shortcuts

Learn how to use those things and you will be much much more productive... and this "problem" you are having will become trivial
    09-12-08 01:28 AM
    I will do the app switcher and usually I have to go through my home screen because messages never shows up and then when I go back to my web page it always takes me to my home screen. Idk I guess I will just live with it.

09-12-08 09:09 AM
    my left convenience key is set to open app switcher for my devices. much better than backing out of everything.
    09-12-08 09:31 AM
    Can't you just hit End to go to the homescreen and then go back to where ever you left off? None of my apps reset themselves as soon as you hit end...

09-12-08 03:47 PM
    I wish there were a way to get all of this information in my head while I sleep.
    09-12-08 04:11 PM
    Yeah I've never had much trouble with that.

09-12-08 04:46 PM
    my left convenience key is set to open app switcher for my devices. much better than backing out of everything.
    Me too!!

09-12-08 04:48 PM
    I have my left side convenience key set to my message. I get a message, hit that puppy, read it or reply to it, then hit the back button and I'm back to where I left off.
    09-12-08 04:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD