I used to have a nokia with ebuddy on it and it was easy to chat through i was hoping that ebuddy can be installed on my BB curve 8520 anyways hope ou reply (:
    07-14-10 03:44 PM
    you need to have a BIS/BES plan to use ANY Stand-Alone (Y!, Google Talk, AIM, ICQ) IM service on a blackberry. They are all channeled back to the Research in Motion servers, and the phone will not be picked up unless your provider tells them you are a RIM users... how do you do that.... pay for the BES/BIS fee.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by mjneid; 07-14-10 at 04:35 PM.
    07-14-10 03:57 PM
    i think ama stick to the annoying ebuddy.com on my browzer until I get blackberry service ... anyways thanks for your reply
    07-14-10 04:06 PM
    Some of the 3rd party IM apps can use wifi. I think even the free IM+ Lite can be set up to use wifi. I know BeeJive will (but it isn't free). I'm not sure about Nimbuzz.
    07-14-10 04:33 PM
    i think ama stick to the annoying ebuddy.com on my browzer until I get blackberry service ... anyways thanks for your reply
    Wait a minute, if you have browser working on your BB, then the messenger apps should work for you. You might not know it but you might already be subscribed to a BIS data plan.
    07-15-10 12:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD