I'm on alltel and whenever I'm in maps, I can't find satelites. Any way to do that and is maps different than BBmaps?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I just downloaded GPSed and its not connecting to the satellite either. Any way to fix this or should I contact alltel?

In Options / Advanced Options / GPS, do you have "GPS Services: Location On"?

I use an external GPS, and I'm not with Alltel, so I can't test your configuration. Both BBMaps and GPSed have to be told what GPS to use. Since you're using the device GPS, you should set that in each program. Are you getting any error messages? Or are the programs just not seeing the satellites? Are you outdoors with a clear view of the sky? It could take a few minutes for either program to find the satellites the first time.
    08-24-08 09:05 AM
    Has anyone tried both amAze and Google maps please, and if so how do they compare?

Edit: Just realised this is the 83xx section, although I am actually thinking of using one or the other with the new Bold, as there seem to be some issues with BlackBerry maps not actually being as accessible as it should be on this model!
    Last edited by Montala; 08-24-08 at 09:31 AM.
    08-24-08 09:28 AM
    It was on. Telenav activated it somehow that the other apps didnt

08-24-08 09:45 AM
    MGMaps allows you to download google maps (road, terrain, etc.) to your sd card so you can use it without a signal (or no data plan at all).
    11-06-09 05:28 PM
    I have my GPS enabled and my Google maps says I'm within 4,000 meters.

11-06-09 07:31 PM
    Blackstar and GpsLogger are two free gps apps that do lat and long. Blackstar will overlay on googlemaps and is designed around geo caching.

11-07-09 12:07 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD