Hey everyone,

I JUST got my first BlackBerry through a friend. It's a Pearl 8100 through Telus. He works there so I go tthe corporate plan and have unlimited data and so on.

I'm just curious, I work at IBM so we're set up with BES. I have all the guides on our intranet on how to get BlackBerry access, but they all seem to detail geting approval to go out and buy one and buy a plan and so on. They skip to you then having the phone and all the activation instructions.

Since I have unlimited data, I was going to ask if I could just get access to BES, but I'm just curious before I do. Do they have to pay for another licence from RIM or anything special to have a new user on the BES or because I'm paying for the data and such, am I the only one incurring any costs? Thanks so much!
    02-21-08 02:12 PM
    There is a licensing fee that your company pays per user (its $100) for you to be on thier BES. They sell these in packs of 5 users, so your company probably has licenses for you, but you'd still need thier approval to be on the server. Other than that, there are no other costs involved.

its a 1 time fee not a monthly thing when they buy the licenses from RIM.
    02-21-08 02:18 PM
    Okay great thanks for the info. I probably won't ask then since I don't really have any reason to be on it, and all the email I receive usually requires me to look something up in another application so I'll stick to personal mail, thanks!
    02-21-08 02:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD