Why can't we get regular caller I'd on cell phones like you can on land lines? I know I can see who is calling from my contacts not others not in my contacts only show the phone number.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-10 12:26 PM
    It is not a BlackBerry issue. It is an issue with how carriers display caller ID on mobile devices.

Caller ID on cell phones | Ask MetaFilter
    06-26-10 01:13 PM
    The closest thing your gana get to this sort of app is a free app called "Mr. Number" (formally called "skydeck")

The app syncs your contacts to their server and acts as an automatic backup for your contacts. It then keeps your contacts in their database and does the same for all users.
    basically the next time you get a call and someone else had that number in their contacts it will come up on your phone with the caller ID.

Its a bit hard to explain how it works but i would def. give it a try.

It wont have very number out there but youl be surprised how many it will work for.

Note: the app instructions say that if you have a 3g phone it will pick up the caller ID during a call but it never worked for me. I always let it ring out a few times then ignored the call waited 30 seconds and then the caller ID poped into my phone. In the future if you get a call from that number it will show up.

Let me know how you like it
    06-28-10 09:50 AM
    Thanks for the plug movi3king

On average Mr. Number returns a name for 70% of unknown numbers that our users throw at us. On GSM phones (AT&T and T-Mobile) we can deliver that result while the phone is still ringing; on CDMA phones (Verizon and Sprint) we cannot, unless you are on WiFi at the same time. We return a result after the call.

Voice and Internet just don't mix on CDMA unfortunately.
    07-27-10 10:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD