Something were all pointless articles are just ads for BlackBerry. Even when the title of the article is set to look like it will be anti BlackBerry, it needs up being pro BlackBerry, even if the facts being stated are made up.

Since BlackBerry isn't into the whole promoting their products, a site like BGR, but for BlackBerry couldn't hurt.
    06-05-16 01:37 AM
    You're serious?

BGR is the rung on the ladder above Gawker, the less of them the better.
    sonicpix and Blacklatino like this.
    06-05-16 01:53 AM
    Woke up and read this title, pinched myself to be sure I wasn't in the midst of some grotesquely gnarly nightmare... BGR? Bwahahahaha... For the sake of all of humanity, I hope you are steady tr0llin' and not serious... Jonathan Geller makes my skin crawl in a way that no other can... <

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CivilDissident; 06-05-16 at 07:03 AM.
    06-05-16 06:50 AM
    I think he means is there a site like BGR that would be pro Blackberry as BGR pushes Apple devices for the most part. They actually used to be one of Blackberry's biggest supporters. JG used to always get devices first and would post leaks of them. Somewhere the wheels came off. For a while they posted a lot of negative towards Blackberry but that has died off and they rarely say anything about them now.
    06-05-16 07:34 AM
    JG used to always get devices first and would post leaks of them. Somewhere the wheels came off. For a while they posted a lot of negative towards Blackberry but that has died off and they rarely say anything about them now.
    That in and of itself was a major contributing factor. They'd receive demo/review units, then leak information through a rather transparent guise of "unnamed sources". So RIM stopped giving them review units, which resulted in a temper tantrum.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-05-16 08:35 AM
    JG used to always get devices first and would post leaks of them. Somewhere the wheels came off. For a while they posted a lot of negative towards Blackberry but that has died off and they rarely say anything about them now.
    It all started when no one would purchase Geller's Twitter app TweetGenius for legacy devices and suddenly the .jar files for OTA downloads began popping up on Indonesian and Vietnamese blogs near and far... This is where his cork popped and he unhinged... To be honest though, that was truly a CRAP [**Edited to soothe the CB censor's eyes] app... Kind of like his 'sources' it lacked something relevant...

Next thing you know he wraps a cardigan sweater around his shoulders, puts that stupid tennis hat on, covers his body head to toe in Apple and rebirths himself.. From there things began to get really bizarre... "It rubs the iPhone on its skin or else it gets the hose again..." -shivers-

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CivilDissident; 06-05-16 at 04:37 PM.
    06-05-16 10:02 AM
    It all started when no one would purchase Geller's Twitter app TweetGenius for legacy devices and suddenly the .jar files for OTA downloads began popping up on Indonesian and Vietnamese blogs near and far... This is where his cork popped and he unhinged... To be honest though, that was truly a crappy app... Kind of like his 'sources' it lacked something relevant...

Next thing you know he wraps a cardigan sweater around his shoulders, puts that stupid tennis hat on, rubs his body head to toe in Apple and rebirths himself.. From there things began to get really bizarre... "It rubs the iPhone on its skin or else it gets the hose again..." -shivers-

Posted via CB10
    IMO, it was because JG was posting "leaks" about upcoming BlackBerry devices on his blog. He was just starting his blog, and wanted to attract attention to his site. I believe it was around the time that the 9780 phones were coming out, and he did not get a preview phone to review. He really threw a tantrum about it. He was a BlackBerry fan way back then, but he turned to iPhone, and began using his blog to bash BlackBerry every chance he could get.
    Last edited by Fret Madden; 06-05-16 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Edited quote
    CivilDissident likes this.
    06-05-16 12:29 PM
    It all started when no one would purchase Geller's Twitter app TweetGenius for legacy devices and suddenly the .jar files for OTA downloads began popping up on Indonesian and Vietnamese blogs near and far... This is where his cork popped and he unhinged... To be honest though, that was truly a crappy app... Kind of like his 'sources' it lacked something relevant...
    I remember that. JG really started to show the colors of his aura during that time. The app wasn't as good as other Twitter apps (had a pretty UI but feature wise it really lacked), and charged three times as much for it as well. Even though he lifted the UI from other apps (or should I say was inspired by), he insulted any other app that used a similar UI for copying it. And heaven help anybody who dared criticize his app lest they suffer his wrath. I'm sure that behavior triggered something at RIM, causing them to monitor BGR's behavior.

But I think ultimately it was when BGR started posting "Exclusives" that were completely made up (ie.. the Storm Slider articles that mysteriously disappeared when they were found to be completely untrue), leaked information about review/demo devices before the approved dates, and RIM subsequently took away any privileges, that JG and BGR really snapped and went full on anti-BB. I remember when he was screaming bloody murder over not getting tickets/invitations to a couple RIM conferences/events. And was livid he no longer got free swag (I believe the Playbook comes to mind).

It's been some years now though, so my recollection may be a bit off.
    Last edited by Fret Madden; 06-05-16 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Edited quote
    CivilDissident and 3Dee like this.
    06-05-16 12:54 PM
    And too, I'll never forget the time that somebody posted a thread here on CB about a BB rumor, citing a BGR article as the source for the rumor. And the BGR article cited that afforementioned thread on CB as their source for the article. So it was obvious that the same person published both the CB thread and the BGR article, trying to play it off. Not their finest moment when everybody noticed the recursive source links.
    06-05-16 02:05 PM
    And too, I'll never forget the time that somebody posted a thread here on CB about a BB rumor, citing a BGR article as the source for the rumor. And the BGR article cited that afforementioned thread on CB as their source for the article. So it was obvious that the same person published both the CB thread and the BGR article, trying to play it off. Not their finest moment when everybody noticed the recursive source links.
    Recursive?

You mean circular threadening...? ;-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    CivilDissident likes this.
    06-05-16 04:57 PM
    Let's not continue this thread of other site bashing. There's more relevant topics we could discuss, I'm sure.
    06-06-16 02:48 AM