05-19-08 03:31 PM
- Newbie here, sorry if this is in the wrong place. I bought a curve 8300 used and after a few hours of it working it doesnt now. Its like the roller ball keeps clicking. I go to make a call and after a few digits it calls, when I leave it sit it just keeps going in and out of the different screens, depending on where I leave it it just goes deeper and deeper into the next screen as if Im clicking the ball but Im not. I hope this makes sense. I bought it used as I didnt have the money to buy a new one and now I'm sol I have a feeling. Does the warranty transfer owners? Is there anything I can do?
Thanks for any response, just so bumbed Im out the money for a phone that doesnt work now.
I didnt do anything to the phone either I actually hardly used it in those few hours.
Thanks.05-18-08 09:36 PM
- cutdacheck2003CrackBerry GeniusIt seems as if the trackball may be stuck. What you can do, and be very careful doing so... Try to pull the trackball away from the device as if you were lifting it up or you can try cleaning it by opening the device. You can find out how to open the device on youtube. Again be CAREFUL and good luck. Oh yeah some people may say do a battery pull first.05-18-08 09:40 PM
- I would say do a battery pull first. If that doesn't work, as cJ said, remove the trackball. But don't open up the device. I did that and now I have no outer screen. (Long story.) Well good luck. It seems it can be fixed easily enough
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com05-18-08 09:51 PM
- thank you, I have tried all the above with no success. I have even turned it on with the track ball totally out of the bb. and it continues to click in and out and in and out and in and out..you get the picture..lol. Sorry need to find some humor in my misery!
So even with the ball totally out the problem remains. No clue how thats even possible as the metal clicky thing that the ball pushes down isnt even there.
Anything else I can try at the moment? Thank you for the fast reponses. I really appreciate it.05-18-08 09:52 PM
- Reed McLayRetired ModeratorThat is great news.
I was about to post a link to one of the BlackBerry Service shops. They will do a trackball switch replacement.
BBrepairshop.com - BlackBerry Repair Services for BlackBerry Curve 8300, 8310, 8320BlackBerry 8300, 8310, 8320 Trackball "select" feature repair service
When you press down on your trackball to "Select" and it is not working or it is "Selecting" on it's own, this repair will get your BlackBerry 8300, 8310 or 8320 working correctly again.
Usually ships the next business day $59.9905-19-08 09:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD