To elaborate, are there any BB10 fans who have never owned a legacy device-but came to Blackberry to try the new OS, and stayed because they really enjoy it. It seems that most BB10 users on this site are BBOS converts-who adopted BB10 to stay with Blackberry. Which is no way a bad thing, but I want to hear from a fan whose first experience with Blackberry was BB10. If this you, what OS did you come from and what is your favorite part of BB10?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by Fidel Mercado; 07-30-15 at 06:59 PM.
    07-30-15 06:49 PM
    I have had OS5,OS6,OS7 and now BB10 so yah I'm a fan of some sort.
    07-30-15 06:56 PM
    I have had OS5,OS6,OS7 and now BB10 so yah I'm a fan of some sort.
    That's my point you are a TRUE Blackberry fan. But are you a true BB10 fan? Or did you simply migrate to BB10 because you were already a Blackberry fan-which seems to be everybody on the site. I wonder if there are any BB10 fans whose only experience with Blackberry was BB10.

07-30-15 07:04 PM
    I came to bb10 from straight up android. Never owned a BlackBerry before bb10 and have to say I love it. Android is pure suckage in my opinion compared to bb10. Part of that has to do with Google but a lot of it has to do with BlackBerry doing what I need and want to do with my phone a 1000 times better than android. My opinion and experience from a converted android user.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 07:08 PM
    I never owned or used any BlackBerry before I got my Z10. But I sure am glad I did get a BB10 device.

BlackBerry Z10, the way to go!
    stevepar likes this.
    07-30-15 07:12 PM
    I want to hear from a fan whose first experience with Blackberry was BB10. If this you, what OS did you come from and what is your favorite part of BB10?
    It's me, coming from a Symbian to a z10. Favourite part is simply that it works and doesn't get in my face.

The Apple marketing machine is turn off for me and Google is too invasive. BlackBerry was a considered purchase that hasn't disappointed.
    stevepar and Fidel Mercado like this.
    07-30-15 07:14 PM
    Does it count if I never looked back since February 2013?

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 07:18 PM
    Of course, lol
    07-30-15 07:21 PM
    I came to bb10 from straight up android. Never owned a BlackBerry before bb10 and have to say I love it. Android is pure suckage in my opinion compared to bb10. Part of that has to do with Google but a lot of it has to do with BlackBerry doing what I need and want to do with my phone a 1000 times better than android. My opinion and experience from a converted android user.

Posted via CB10
    Android definitely has it's flaws, the biggest is bloatware on my Note 4. Too many unnecessary preinstalled apps. Alot of that has to do with Samsung making its own version of Googles preinstalled apps and squeezing them all on the device. As for Blackberry, I think the hub is an amazing feature. There are several posts on 'Android Central' praising how intuitive it is. People are trying to create an Android Variant but the APKs I've tried were terrible.

07-30-15 07:22 PM
    I never owned or used any BlackBerry before I got my Z10. But I sure am glad I did get a BB10 device.

BlackBerry Z10, the way to go!
    What OS did you use prior and what is your favorite part of BB10?

07-30-15 07:26 PM
    Does it count if I never looked back since February 2013?

Posted via CB10
    Lol. What made you leave?

07-30-15 07:26 PM
    Lol. What made you leave?

Had a Bold, Z10 came out (launch day), spent rest of time enjoying phone instead of whining about the old one on CB. Got Z30 and Passport down the line.

Posted via CB10
    Toodeurep likes this.
    07-30-15 07:33 PM
    Z10 was my first BB phone. I got it when it first launched in Canada back in 2013. Before that I use to have a Nokia then to LG then to Motorola. I now use a Z30. I love the BlackBerry Hub, BlackBerry flick virtual kb, BBM, battery life and now BlackBerry Blend. I can't stand apple and their BS marketing machine. I don't think I can go back to Android or any other phone. I'll stay with BlackBerry because it just works or until they don't make anymore bb phones if it ever come to that.

Wife Z10, daughter got my old Z10 and me with the awesome new World Z30. That's how we roll baby!
    07-30-15 07:41 PM
    The Q10 was my first BlackBerry 10 phone.

I have had Symbian all along, until Nokia N8. I wanted to stay with Symbian for longer, but I knew it was a dead end, and had to upgrade to something more modern.

I found out that BlackBerry 10 was the only "professional" and productive mobile OS left, now that Symbian was gone.

I was so happy with my Q10, that I also bought a Z10 and a Z30 which I gave to my mother.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 07:45 PM
    Count me in!!

  
    07-30-15 07:50 PM
    To elaborate, are there any BB10 fans who have never owned a legacy device-but came to Blackberry to try the new OS, and stayed because they really enjoy it. It seems that most BB10 users on this site are BBOS converts-who adopted BB10 to stay with Blackberry. Which is no way a bad thing, but I want to hear from a fan whose first experience with Blackberry was BB10. If this you, what OS did you come from and what is your favorite part of BB10?

My first BlackBerry was a z10. Came from Android. Never had a legacy bb7.

Best parts are, keyboard, hub, reliability, microsd, and cost.

Posted via CB10
    Fidel Mercado likes this.
    07-30-15 08:01 PM
    I came from Palm webOS on Palm Pixi+.

Adapting to BlackBerry 10 on my Q10, my very first BlackBerry, was a piece of cake.

BlackBerry 10 has simply enhanced what I came to appreciate about webOS.

BlackBerry Q10 driven by 10.3.2.2339 on T-Mobile
    Fidel Mercado and stevepar like this.
    07-30-15 11:47 PM
    I cam from Android as I was a big fan with the first demo and starting using it when I used my first Android 1.4 smartphone. It was all in progress to be a good OS and after Android 2.6 it al changed very quick and starting to dislike the OS and it's lack of privacy and security,

I started to get windows 8 but then we get an inventation from BlackBerry to check out a glimps of there new BlackBerry OS. It looks to me like all other phones and was not sure it was for me to use. The second time i was testng the phone I had more time to test the BlackBerry Z10 and I really loved they keyboard and the HUB.

So I get myself a BlackBerry 10 device because I love the OS and it much better than android or ios. Testing Android or ios is still feeling like i'm using older software. I love the OS and I like my Passport but I like the OS
    Fidel Mercado likes this.
    07-31-15 01:57 AM
    Q10 first "real" smartphone,
    but not the first QWERTY, by far not... :-)

Picked the best OS right from the start, and didn't want Google, nor the terrible touch-type � la iPhone. Z10 touch-type is a whole different story... :-)

�   BB10 -- Finger flickin' good... in any form factor!   �
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    07-31-15 03:28 AM
    I've had one BBOS phone and didn't really like it. It was extremely limiting, so I switched back to Android.

I came back to BlackBerry with the release of the Q10 and have stayed with them, running the Passport now.

However, seeing BB10 in this dead end now, I'm thinking about switching back to Android again. There's no BlackBerry device which really fits my needs at the moment.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 05:35 AM
    BBOS 4.6(Curve 8520), 5(Curve 8520), 6(Torch 9800), 7(Bold 9930), 7.1(Bold 9930) --------> BB 10.0(Z10), 10.1(Z10), 10.2(Z10, Z30), 10.3(Z30)
    Now waiting for BB 10.4

Yes I'm a BB Fan (not the ceiling, standing or hand fan)
    07-31-15 06:16 AM
    I got my wife a 9900 because she hates touchscreens. Then I (former Android user) got so impressed by Blackberry, that I decided to try BB OS10, and I really fell in love!

I will stay with OS10 as long as I can. Maybe I'll buy a second device if they become really cheap. But I for sure will not move until I have no other option! Never change a running system... And OS10 runs pretty nice!
    07-31-15 06:24 AM
    I am a BlackBerry fan tbh I liked os 6 and 7 better than bb10. The old java os seemed limitless in its options go to a menu and you could do just about anything. I like bb10 and playbook os but it always seems BlackBerry is trying to play catch up to the old platform. Bb10 has just recently matured into what I would consider a full featured os , but it still not as featured as the Java os.

Posted via CB10
    Maxxxpower and acovey like this.
    07-31-15 06:36 AM
    I was with BlackBerry since 07 on my pearl and been with BlackBerry since. BTW there is quite a good bit of us on here, just many don't respond to every post on here. If you do a search through for instant "what's your 1 st phone" post, you will see some even had the scroll well BlackBerry.

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    07-31-15 06:41 AM
    Kinda. I had a Curve a long time ago and hated it. Was so relieved to go to Android, which I stayed with until I came to BB10. BB10 OS and UI is FAR superior to both Android and Windows phone (my gf has a WP and even she agrees). But, of course, BB10 could be dying so I'm wondering where I will go next. Got my eyes on Windows 10 for phones.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 07:03 AM
73 123