I have been checking in the market for various brands of phones & operating systems, and it looks like only Blackberry BES has the functionality of listing ALL folders, and be able to actually type the folder name to move e-mails to that folder, or display that folder's contents.

This is extremely useful function, and I was wondering if anyone has ever seen this in any other phone that's not Blackberry.
    11-24-11 11:47 PM
    iOS and android both can do this with many but not all types of email accounts. exchange and activesync accounts have this functionality on both of those OS.

Oddly enough, you have to BES ob BB to get this support. BIS doesnt support it. Many BB owners cant do this either. Its a drawback for many.
    11-25-11 08:38 AM
    I think you did not understand what I was referring to, I specifically refer to the ability to type the folder names. I checked friend's iPhone, there is no way to pull up keyboard when you are in folder view, and with android it might be an option with physical keyboard, but it doesn't look like there is any option to type the name of the folder.

You are right, BIS does not allow this, because Blackbery does not support exchange natively, you need BES running on your server.
    11-25-11 12:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD