i just downloaded life in pocket its ok but i cant figure out how to just enter a street address it make my enter a new contact maybe im just doing it wrong. i am looking for a for a fix or a new app
    07-28-09 07:24 AM
    I would recommend the BB App store as a place to start. I have a Storm so my recommendation of Google Maps will not be accurate because I do not know if Google Maps offers a 8350i version. I would search Google and see what you can come up with.
    07-28-09 07:50 AM
    I have been using NAV4All and have been happy. Go to nav4all.com on your BB and install it OTA.
    07-28-09 02:22 PM
    Google Maps works on the 8350i, but it doesn't do navigation. My company has me on the "unlimited everything" plan, so I got TeleNav for free. Hate to say, but I like it the best so far. Other free ones I've tried can't handle the slow data rate too well while driving.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 02:30 PM
    Agreed. Telenav is pretty sweet. Google maps are great for directions and as noted above it wont navigate or do turn by turn. They both have a good local search function for nearby points of interest. If possible I would def go with Telenav. My only problem is sometimes it takes a bit to refresh the new maps; especially when in a bad signal area. Wish there was an app that could load maps and rely on GPS alone. BTW you should get google maps just for some fun w "latitude"
    08-09-09 10:44 AM
    Google Maps works on the 8350i, but it doesn't do navigation. My company has me on the "unlimited everything" plan, so I got TeleNav for free. Hate to say, but I like it the best so far. Other free ones I've tried can't handle the slow data rate too well while driving.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Dosen't TeleNav charge you a monthly rate?? Or am I thinking of something else??
    08-09-09 01:17 PM
    Dosen't TeleNav charge you a monthly rate?? Or am I thinking of something else??
    With many of the nextel data or blackberry plans it's included. Read your fine print. Otherwise $10 a month extra.
    I have the everything data shared 1500, and it's free for all 5 of my phones.

Also, I've found Poynt to be a great app for finding businesses, by using the GPS. It will map, but it will not guide. But it's very good at locating what you want to find. Or at least it has been for me.
    Last edited by heckufaguy; 08-09-09 at 01:51 PM. Reason: added to keep on topic
    08-09-09 01:48 PM
    With many of the nextel data or blackberry plans it's included. Read your fine print. Otherwise $10 a month extra.
    I have the everything data shared 1500, and it's free for all 5 of my phones.
    Ok, how do I get it (besides downloading the app), lol. I've been to the site before and from what I remember all it talks about is the $10/month
    08-09-09 01:51 PM
    Ok, how do I get it (besides downloading the app), lol. I've been to the site before and from what I remember all it talks about is the $10/month
    It's listed as included with my plan. While downloading it, it warns to make sure it's included, but it is, and I've never seen a charge for it on any of my phones.
    I guess you could call sprintel and ask them if it's in your plan.
    08-09-09 10:33 PM
    try amaze at amazegps.com its free and does a pretty good job
    08-09-09 10:49 PM
    anyone know if telenav is included on verizon plans?
    08-09-09 10:58 PM
    I've never been able to get TelNav to work. Even with a full GPS signal, it tells me that I need to move to a more open area to get a better signal.
    08-10-09 01:45 AM
    Amazegps is pretty good if you're not on T-mobile.
    08-10-09 09:31 PM
    I've never been able to get TelNav to work. Even with a full GPS signal, it tells me that I need to move to a more open area to get a better signal.
    Have you updated your phone to the latest operating system? Originally these phones (8350i) weren't very sensitive to GPS signals, but the first upgrade seemed to fix that greatly.
    08-11-09 06:49 AM
    I would have to say Google Maps. Despite the fact (huge fact) it doesn;t have turn-by-turn live updating. I got Blackberry Maps to install on AT&T, but found it pretty useless and hard to follow. Only tried Amaze on Pearl, and it hardly ran, and completely locked up the phone. Haven't bothered to try it on my Curve yet.
    08-11-09 06:53 AM
    i have this phone and have been testing out different gps apps. Personally i like amAze (best graphically) and nav4all (best features) so between these its a toss up, you choose.
    08-11-09 07:16 AM
    Have you updated your phone to the latest operating system? Originally these phones (8350i) weren't very sensitive to GPS signals, but the first upgrade seemed to fix that greatly.
    Yes I have. I've had two 8350i's with the updated OS and both are completely unable to obtain my current location.
    08-11-09 04:27 PM
    I do well with Nav4All.
    08-11-09 06:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD