Okay so I have looked everywhere. We use Google Apps the free version which of course works with BlackBerry but only 1 way for IMAP sync. Before I go and pay $10 a month per use (so basically $50 a month now compared to free just to get 2 way sync for ONE BlackBerry) on Office365, are there ANY other options I can look at?

I really love Office365 now actually, mainly how it syncs tasks, calendar etc. The big challenge I have is that I'm the only one with a BlackBerry, and all this switching is just for me. Now please don't say get an android or anything like that. I have an iPhone as do all my other users so Google syncs fine with them just no tasks.

Just before I do a 1 year contract for Office365 I thought I'd check one last time to see if there's any options. It doesn't even need to be real time, like even if there was some way that every once in awhile I had to manually press update and it would sync the inbox that's perfectly fine too. It's just 95% of mail will be read on my computer, so the BB sits there flashing showing new messages. Thanks so much!
    05-11-12 01:09 PM
    I have been doing some research on this as well and Office365 is the solution that syncs contacts and calendars two way on the BlackBerry. It also does this on BIS, which seems to be a big savings compared to having to get BES. The syncing is almost reatime. I can delete or add an appointment and within a few seconds it will change on my desktop, cloud 365, and PlayBook. Incidentally, It also brought all the contacts off my phone into the PlayBook, so it must be a two way sync.

Your only other option is AstraSync, which is $49 a user per year.

http://www.astrasync.com/

My wife works for a non-profit and when I switched her from the iPhone a few weeks ago she lost the calendar connection to her work's exchange server. We ran a trial of AstraSync for a week just for the calendar, keeping the email on BIS, and it seemed to work well enough. I was hoping Office365 would help, but it looks like if you connect external emails to the account, it is just connecting the email only. She has a call into their IT guy to see if they have any BlackBerry infrastructure, but she hasn't heard back yet. In the end we may just have to buy a license for AstraSync.
    Last edited by robsteve; 05-11-12 at 02:49 PM.
    05-11-12 02:45 PM
    Google has two way sync when setup via BIS? From phone to Web is instant, but from Web to server it can take up to 4 hours.
    05-12-12 06:47 AM
    Yes, Logicmail can do 2 way IMAP sync, works really well.
    05-12-12 07:23 AM
    This is what blows me away! People here say BB is the best at email. NO it is not! I sold my BB 9360 in less than a week because it can not do what Android, iOS or WP7 can do out of the box!
    05-12-12 08:16 PM
    This is what blows me away! People here say BB is the best at email. NO it is not! I sold my BB 9360 in less than a week because it can not do what Android, iOS or WP7 can do out of the box!
    Blackberry email doesn't give you everything but instead it gives you something nobody else can, push email for any email account in the world, even basic pop3 emails along with many functions unique to BB.

For example you can delete an email off the server but save it to your BB and vice versa, delete it from the phone but save it on the server.

A full imap or exchange setup would make this impossible.
    buwee likes this.
    05-13-12 02:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD