When I had an Ipod I had an adapter that pluged into my cigarette outlet. Do they make these for BB's?
    02-09-09 02:22 PM
    When I had an Ipod I had an adapter that pluged into my cigarette outlet. Do they make these for BB's?
    There are a few ways that you can do this. Is there an AUX input on your Stereo? Is your car bluetooth compatible?

The last resort would be to use a FM transmitter. Crappy sound though.
    02-09-09 02:26 PM
    Im so unknowledgeable about this stuff lol. I have an 04 with a Bose system....and I think (im at work right now) there is what looks like a jack for headphones or something. is that an AUX?

also, If I ever get to a point where I figure out how to listen to BB thru car system......what happens when I get a call? Is my BB disabled?
    02-09-09 02:46 PM
    What is the make and model of the vehicle? Could you post a picture of the stereo?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-09 02:52 PM
    Im so unknowledgeable about this stuff lol. I have an 04 with a Bose system....and I think (im at work right now) there is what looks like a jack for headphones or something. is that an AUX?

also, If I ever get to a point where I figure out how to listen to BB thru car system......what happens when I get a call? Is my BB disabled?

I think if you are listening to music and you get a call it pause the song and tell you , you have a call but im not 100% sure and if you have a thing that looks like you could stick headphones in , it is your AUX
    02-09-09 02:56 PM
    I also have a link you should check out it might be able to help but i need to get to 10 post brb LOL
    02-09-09 02:56 PM
    That might me an AUX input, it could be however a output for headphones like you said.
    6.35mm or 1/4" jack
    3.5mm miniature jack
    2.5mm subminiature jack
    A headphone (or earphone) jack is commonly one of the three standard sizes

an Aux input you find on home stereos tvs car stereo anything that can handle more then one channel of either input. example Home Stereo might have tape monitor, phono, cd, tv/video, and aux! you hook up tape monitor to the tape input and say a video game to the aux, or anything xrta really.

That �AUX� input is an auxiliary input jack that accepts MP3, DVD, cassette or CD players when plugged in with an appropriate auxiliary cable, which you can buy at any electronics store for about $5.

The cable will plug into the headphone jack of your portable device and connect to the stereo�s AUX input. After switching the stereo to AUX mode, just like you would from CD to AM/FM, you�re in business.

However, just because the device is plugged in to your stereo doesn�t mean you can control it with the factory stereo�s track and scan buttons. If you want to do that with an MP3 player, a more expensive option is available, usually in the form of aftermarket components. As time goes by, though, more automakers are offering factory-installed options that let you control your MP3 player through the stereo.

your gonna want a male to male cord
    make sure u have aux or input1 input2 on your car deck
    Last edited by coachcurtisbusse; 02-09-09 at 03:03 PM.
    02-09-09 02:57 PM
    Maybe this thread can help you out

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/rh...-radio-148839/

It says you only have to buy a cable . I guess it wouldnt hurt to pick one up and try it out if it dosent work you can always take it back.
    02-09-09 03:04 PM
    I use a Motorola T505 Bluetooth speaker phone with FM transmitter.
    02-09-09 03:21 PM
    well after a trip to Radio Shack and buying the cable.....I discover that that hole is indeed just for headphones. AND it was in the back seat controls (the panel where backseat passengers can control radio, etc with headphones or the heat/air. I dont know why I was thinking I had a plug hole in front.

anyways, I need to return the cable and start over again.

what are other good options for playing BB thru car audio system? what sounds best?

I am an XM subscriber and listen to about 6 of the music channels....never the talk, traffic, sports, etc. as far as for me, Slacker beats the pants off XM in selection for what I listen to. I would love to make it to where I could cancel XM. thanks for the suggestions in advance!
    02-09-09 06:50 PM
    Without knowing what kind of stereo you have in your car I can make two suggestions.

1. FM transmitter: This is a cheap and easy solution. You plug it into the cigarette lighter and your blackberry, set your car radio to a specific radio station and go. On the downside, the quality tends to be pretty poor and some phones (particularly GSM) can introduce interference that further degrades quality.

2. Aftermarket car stereo: Nearly all aftermarket radios will have at very least the ability to plug an auxiliary input into the back of the radio. Some modern ones will include A2DP bluetooth (stereo audio protocal) that allow you to connect your blackberry wirelessly, though you might want a car charger in that case. The downside to this is that it gets pricey, especially if you don't have the knowledge to install it yourself. You will only be limited on quality to what slacker delivers with no other losses (assuming wired connection). You do have to buy special adapters to keep your steering wheel controls.
    02-10-09 08:38 AM
    I use a cassette adapter. This adapter also works for the iTouch.

It only costs about $10 at Target or Walmart.

Plug the one end into your Blackberry and the other end is, of course, the cassette which goes into your cassette player.

If you use this I highly recommend having the volume turned up on your BB. It will sound better that way and you won't need to have the volume up as loud on your car stereo. I listern to Slacker this way in my car and it sounds very, very good.

My wife has a direct connect cable into an AUX jack in her VW and it sounds very good too (two male connectors).

I love this APP!!!
    02-10-09 09:08 AM
    i have a 2008 ford explorer and my storm doesnt connect to the bluetooth, is there any software i can buy or anything i can do to connect it??
    02-10-09 10:23 AM
    I just picked one of these up and it works great in my 99 ford truck

I use a Motorola T505 Bluetooth speaker phone with FM transmitter.
    02-10-09 07:34 PM
    Most of the newer vehicle stereo systems will accept adapters, either OEM accessory or aftermarket that will enable you to connect your Bluetooth device to play through the stereo system with full functionality. The newer aftermarket systems also have this capability. I was given a JVC for my pickup ('06 Chevy, the year prior to the OEM stereos that would accept this) and it has a USB for my iPod in the front. I've plugged my Berry in there also but it won't work, didn't think it would. I can purchase a Bluetooth kit that will allow me to use the phone, and play music, through the stereo. Cost: 150.00.
    OP said the vehicle is an '04 with Bose. I would say from experience, (ex parts manager in a dealership) that your Bose system, while awesome, would not be able to accept this due to its age. BUT, not knowing what kind of vehicle, don't count on my answer. I would recommend you go to a car audio store and see what they can recommend. They deal with this stuff daily. Your friendly car dealership parts dept. probably won't know 'cause they typically hate retail customers and mostly don't like dealing with the accessories. (remember my previous career here...) Another thing to remember: Not all vehicles, even new will be compatible with your Bluetooth device. Friend of mine has a new BMW SUV and she had to get the Samsung Blackjack 'cause nothing else was compatible.
    Good luck and keep us posted on how it works out.
    02-10-09 11:49 PM
    If you don't have an AUX port or a cassette deck, you're stuck with either an fm transmitter ($10) or replacing the head unit in the car (stereo.) I use my 8120 as my mp3 player in the car and plug it right into the AUX port via a minijack cable (3.5mm) When a call comes in it pauses the music, but I have to disconnect it from the cable in order to hear. It doesn't pipe the call through the speakers for some reason.
    02-11-09 12:49 AM
    I have a 2005 VW Beetle, with a direct connect cable into an AU jack - then what? Nothing comes out of the car speakers when I try to play the music???
    Thanks!
    I use a cassette adapter. This adapter also works for the iTouch.

It only costs about $10 at Target or Walmart.

Plug the one end into your Blackberry and the other end is, of course, the cassette which goes into your cassette player.

If you use this I highly recommend having the volume turned up on your BB. It will sound better that way and you won't need to have the volume up as loud on your car stereo. I listern to Slacker this way in my car and it sounds very, very good.

My wife has a direct connect cable into an AUX jack in her VW and it sounds very good too (two male connectors).

I love this APP!!!
    02-24-09 11:43 AM
    FM transmitter + Slacker = Win cheap and easy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 11:47 AM
    I have a Bluetooth receiver that connects to my head unit via an AUX port. It wirelessly streams music via bluetooth to my truck stereo. It's pretty sweet.
    02-24-09 12:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD