I was thinking of downloading a themse for my blackberry. I really don't like the idea of changing my theme but I saw the one that is like the storm on the home page today and I was thinking maybe I will.

My concern is do they take up a lot of memory? Slow down the Berry? If I decide to remove it will I have a problem?

What have your experiences been?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-08 03:56 PM
    I have never had a problem with any themes they always work nicely
    and just make the phone look so much better
    10-14-08 03:59 PM
    they do take up memory, not a lot and if you wanna delete it you can by going to options/advanced options/applications and the theme
    10-14-08 03:59 PM
    I had an iBerry once that clogged my device, but I use Classy Corners now and it's awesome. I have downloaded a bunch and deleted them with no issues.
    10-14-08 04:00 PM
    I had an iBerry once that clogged my device, but I use Classy Corners now and it's awesome. I have downloaded a bunch and deleted them with no issues.
    i have classy corners zen, so sweet!!
    10-14-08 04:13 PM
    is there one company that puts out themes that is better then others?
    10-14-08 04:24 PM
    depends on if you wanna pay or not. bplay has some really good themes like crossbar and reflex which i have both of them. blueroomsolution.com and cb have good themes also. if i were you id check out classy corner. go to the wallpaper and theme section on cb and find the thread. oe just do a search for it on cb.
    10-14-08 04:32 PM
    I want to put a theme on my phone, but don't know how, is there a step by step post that explains how?
    10-14-08 05:25 PM
    I want to put a theme on my phone, but don't know how, is there a step by step post that explains how?
    Check this, Blackberry 101 lecture series:
    BlackBerry 101: The Basics of BlackBerry Themes | CrackBerry.com
    10-14-08 05:31 PM
    Classy Corners is the best I've found. I PMed him to get info on a custom.
    10-14-08 05:33 PM
    Classy Corners is the best I've found. I PMed him to get info on a custom.
    I did that also!!! That is one of the best themes I've seen!!
    10-14-08 05:35 PM
    Check this, Blackberry 101 lecture series:
    BlackBerry 101: The Basics of BlackBerry Themes | CrackBerry.com
    Thanks I should have known to look here, I really want to do this, they look so nice.
    10-14-08 05:35 PM
    I'm trying to understand what's so great about classy corners. I have it also (am not currently using it its just a mock up of Bold icons and such right?) but it seems to me to be a alternate like any other is there something I'm missing? I've downloaded and deleted prob 50+ themes in my short ownership time (just antsy like that I guess) and they all have their neat aspects but nothing I've been gung-** to make permanent what am I missing???

Last edited by cadillac6661; 10-15-08 at 08:49 AM.
    10-15-08 08:46 AM
    I'm trying to understand what's so great about classy corners. I have it also (am not currently using it its just a mock up of Bold icons and such right?) but it seems to me to be a alternate like any other is there something I'm missing? I've downloaded and deleted prob 50+ themes in my short ownership time (just antsy like that I guess) and they all have their neat aspects but nothing I've been gung-** to make permanent what am I missing???

Ah, don't worry. I've had the same problem... I could never find a theme that I'd be happy sticking with for longer than a week or two.
    I simply use the BB Dimension Zen that's preloaded and switch out my wallpapers. Easy. Breezy. Beautiful.
    10-15-08 03:29 PM
    Adding to the 2 previous posts, finding the right theme can be pretty tough. It usually gets to a point where you either have way too many 'favorite' themes and wind up switching themes everyday...or you can't find any that suit all your needs/wants, so you just wind up using a preloaded theme (BB Dimension themes/vendor themes)...or (what I did) you just wind up making your own themes. Nonetheless, everyone (usually) wins in the end.
    10-15-08 04:16 PM
    never had a problem with a theme and i LOVE changing them when I see a new and prettier one. Makes me feel like I have a whole new phone. Not much memory is taken up. Reflex today plus is really cool for guys and gals and it's the one I'm running now. It allows you to keep your messages/Calendar and missed calls showing on your main screen.
    10-15-08 04:35 PM
    I have the new storm theme and I like it. The company was very helpful when I had trouble with the install.

Best of luck to you!
    10-16-08 08:20 AM
    Just make sure that when you do find a theme you like you don't use all of your memory downloading themes. While they are AWESOME to have stashed for the day you're just not feeling the theme you are actually using you don't want to kill your berry. Make sure you have a memory card to store all your AWESOME themes!
    10-16-08 10:32 AM
    Just make sure that when you do find a theme you like you don't use all of your memory downloading themes. While they are AWESOME to have stashed for the day you're just not feeling the theme you are actually using you don't want to kill your berry. Make sure you have a memory card to store all your AWESOME themes!
    How do I put the themes on my memory card?
    10-16-08 02:36 PM
    when you plug your phone into the usb and then into your computer it asks you if you want to use mass storage. You can find the device on your hard drive and just drag and drop the theme you downloaded...

Comprendo??
    10-16-08 02:39 PM
    How do I put the themes on my memory card?
    That is incorrect, you can't store themes on the memory card. Unless there's a third party app that allows to do it ( that I don't know).

If you want to have a lot of themes without taking a lot of memory, try to download zip files on your computer and load the theme you want to use to your berry. I do this and I have over 30 themes on my computer and just load the one I want to use in my Blackberry.
    10-16-08 02:46 PM
    I just make my own. Its soooooo much fun tweaking things to your liking.

10-16-08 03:05 PM
    What I was talking about was making sure that you had a memory card to put your pics and videos and ringtones on. I don't have a memory card because I don't like putting music on my phone (I have a zune for that) but my friend has a curve and HAS to change the theme every two days and she has a memory card and like 40 different themes and no problems with it but before that she had to delete then download then delete then download. Its verry easy to clog your berry.
    10-16-08 03:24 PM
    I'm having a problem. I downloaded the corkboard theme to my blackberry pearl8130 (Used internet on the phone and downloaded directly). I see the program under applications, but it is not under themes when I try to set it. I've tried doing a hard reset on my phone and powering the phone on and off, taking the battery out, etc. Can anyone help?
    10-19-08 11:29 PM
    I'm having a problem. I downloaded the corkboard theme to my blackberry pearl8130 (Used internet on the phone and downloaded directly). I see the program under applications, but it is not under themes when I try to set it. I've tried doing a hard reset on my phone and powering the phone on and off, taking the battery out, etc. Can anyone help?
    You need all the Blackberry dimension themes installed in your Berry. If you deleted them, put them back and your corkberry will show up.
    10-19-08 11:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD