03-22-09 10:34 PM
- Hey all
I just got my storm two weeks ago and have already become an addict to this site. I want to try a new theme on my storm but no matter which one I choose(I was trying some of the free ones) I cannot get it downloaded.
Can someone give me step by step instructionS? I keep getting messages that the file cannot be opened.
Also, do these themes slow down the phone or change anything already in them like ringtones, pics and music?
Thanks...I'll learn .......03-21-09 10:41 PM
- Here are the CB Basics for themes
BlackBerry 101: The Basics of BlackBerry Themes | CrackBerry.com
Somewhat sounds like your trying to open a OTA type file from the PC (Jad/Jar are OTA) alx/cod are for the PC installs ... Easy way to get OTA themes I find is just rt click copy the link where its held and send that link to the email on your BB, open the email, click the link, then download - done
Last edited by Tremortality; 03-21-09 at 10:48 PM.03-21-09 10:45 PM
- Thank you for the repy but it didn't work. When I sent it to my email and tried to open it in my phone I got a message saying it couldn't be opened. Right now the file is sitting in my PC as a JAD file. I know downloading themes cannot be this hard or no one would have any but I have been trying for days now. I'm trying to get that nightmare before xmas theme. Anything else you can think of?03-22-09 02:48 PM
- thank u all.
I'm getting it but still havent gotten the theme on my storm. The one I'm trying for is the Nightmare b4 xmas...free version. I'm beginning to wonder if these free themes don't "cooperate" like the ones you pay for.
If anyone can give me the OTA link I will try it from the phone one more time. Maybe the one I found just wasn't a good one....03-22-09 09:33 PM
- I googled the theme. I got this link for it being here on CB
I saw the OTA at the very top of page 1 - rt click copied it (just how I do it) and sent that link to my BB email address
I opened the email and I was prompted to download it. Of course I did not since I do not own a storm - I took it 90 percent of the way, are you able to replicate what I have done? Post back and we will give something else a try. Maybe just getting the ZIP file and using DM would be easier for you. Its really simple either way I just prefer OTA.03-22-09 09:40 PM
- I dont have a storm so I will just be assuming its the same as my curve when it comes to this, I hope to be corrected if I am wrong - when you are in your browser make sure under options>browser config the emulation mode says Blackberry - if it says anything else change it to BB, OTA wont work without it. Last thing I can recommend is what I said earlier, much easier to copy the ota link and email it yourself (to your bb email address) instead of typing it in exactly...... I am not sure what else to say........03-22-09 10:13 PM
- Well then maybe thats the problem. My browser is defaulted on internet and does not let you change to BB. I tried it through options and the browser itself. The message I get when I go into that site is ERROR 404 webpage cannot be found. HOWEVER, when I try it from my PC I do not get that message but what I get instead is a message saying I can't open the file (guess cause its a JAD) Man, this is consuming me cause I really didn't want to give up on it,but I guess its not meant to be.....03-22-09 10:23 PM
- Haven't tried another....or one you pay for. I've just been ****-bent on getting this one. Maybe I will try another OTA and see if it works. Again, thanks
AND BTW if there are any other storm owners who have been able to get this Nightmare theme, please join in and tell me what I'm screwing up.03-22-09 10:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD