Hey crack heads just want to know... what do you think will happen to the old oS's (04,05,06) and especially Os7 when BB10 comes out and get rolling??? Let me know what ya thinking.....TANKS!!!!
    06-27-12 06:48 PM
    what you mean what will happen. os 4 5 6 have already gone the way of the dodo bird with very little to no support. When BB10 hits its only a matter of time till OS 7 is gone. After all every employee not involved in the BB10 have been let go I assume from all the latest news about layoffs and such. Anyway as you can tell I have lost most of my support for Rim
    06-27-12 06:53 PM
    It will slowly disappear...with OS7.1 sticking around the longest.

No more updates or hardware upgrades once BB10 comes to rule the world.
    06-27-12 06:56 PM
    The same things that are happening to the older OS versions that are happening now. While updates for older models only goes so far, RIM and carriers continue to offer legacy support for any handset/build combo that is supported, for as long as the BlackBerry works.

Did OS 4.x.x.xxx suddenly stop because OS 6 was introduced? No. In fact, carriers continue to push out updates (they do eventually come). You can still find an 8520 and even 83xx bnib.

I know we like to think we are on the cutting edge of technology (Where BBs are concerned), but the vast majority are not, nor are they grabbing handset after handset as soon as they come out. Most use their devices for the majority of their contract. Even those who buy unsub'd handsets, can't keep up with the newest releases. It's just too expensive.

So, OS 4, 5, and 6 will continue to be around.

OS 7 isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
    06-27-12 07:28 PM
    06-27-12 07:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD