I think this one is a fair assessment. I owe this post a "thanks" when I get my button back.

Still got mine, thanked in Proxy!

EDIT - and it was my last....
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    01-28-13 04:08 PM
    Those bastards! How dare they... The audacity of such fools angers me so!!

Ooooo are you offended???

Happiness is offensive to the unhappy

Someone important must have said that

Else I'm quite clever tonight

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by qbnkelt; 01-28-13 at 04:39 PM.
    01-28-13 04:28 PM
    Happiness is offensive to the unhappy

Someone important must have said that

Else I'm quite clever tonight

I just Googled it. Looks like you're the first! Claim that sh!t!!! It's a good one!

ETA: I just updated my siggie .
    SixStringMadness and mikeo007 like this.
    01-28-13 04:30 PM
    I just Googled it. Looks like you're the first! Claim that sh!t!!! It's a good one!

ETA: I just updated my siggie .
    Dang I can't see it!!!!!!

It's true though...if you ever want to REALLY anger a very bitter person, be SUPER HAPPY.

01-28-13 04:38 PM
    Careful there's always bad karma to go around.....
    01-28-13 06:19 PM
    And it get's derailed again!
    01-28-13 06:59 PM
    What is it with the Android Brigade always derailing threads, aren't mods fed up with deleting their comments yet? There is a PM service you know, no need to clog up threads.
    100% agree. This is not the 50k thread.
    +1000
    I don't see the problem being significant if 3 members mutter about it in the thread but none think it is worth reporting.

Besides, I don't see an "Android Brigade" and I wouldn't care if we had one provided they post within the rules. What I see is a few members engaging in some off-topic banter, and a few others who appear to be selectively critical of members who admit their chosen devices are not exclusively RIM. That is not the CrackBerry way, we welcome all smartphone users and potential users who comply with with site rules. There is nothing in the site rules which says members must own a BlackBerry, there is nothing in the rules which says members must quit if they use a device which is not a BlackBerry. Even those who go to other sites to make offensive comments about CrackBerry get a fair hearing at CrackBerry.
    01-28-13 07:00 PM
    And it get's derailed again!

maybe so, but I think the argument has been settled
    01-28-13 07:01 PM
    I don't see the problem being significant if 3 members mutter about it in the thread but none think it is worth reporting.

Besides, I don't see an "Android Brigade" and I wouldn't care if we had one provided they post within the rules. What I see is a few members engaging in some off-topic banter, and a few others who appear to be selectively critical of members who admit their chosen devices are not exclusively RIM. That is not the CrackBerry way, we welcome all smartphone users and potential users who comply with with site rules. There is nothing in the site rules which says members must own a BlackBerry, there is nothing in the rules which says members must quit if they use a device which is not a BlackBerry. Even those who go to other sites to make offensive comments about CrackBerry get a fair hearing at CrackBerry.

Thanks button gone..... will return to "Thank"
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    01-28-13 07:03 PM

THANK YOU BRANTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You scare the beejeezus out of me sometimes, but dang it if you didn't just NAIL THAT.

And I KNOW from having been here for almost four years that you ARE a huge BB fan and would choose nothing else.

THANK YOU for your reasoned and reasonable post.
    Last edited by qbnkelt; 01-28-13 at 07:41 PM.
    01-28-13 07:30 PM

*slow clap* Will return to that this post when my button comes back from its wild night of drunken debauchery or whatever my thanks button does when it disappears.
    SixStringMadness likes this.
    01-28-13 10:23 PM

Well I didn't think this time it was bad enough to report it but I've seen threads go from 4 pages back to 2 when you(or other mods) deleted their off topic banter. Isn't that against the forum rules by the way, repeatedly using threads as PM service instead of sticking to the subject, or at least relative subject?
    01-29-13 01:43 AM
    Well I didn't think this time it was bad enough to report it but I've seen threads go from 4 pages back to 2 when you(or other mods) deleted their off topic banter. Isn't that against the forum rules by the way, repeatedly using threads as PM service instead of sticking to the subject, or at least relative subject?
    Regardless of if it is reported or not, my understanding is that off-topic posts to the extent of being a totally unrelated conversation would be wiped from the thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/forum-r...uidelines-113/
    Make Meaningful Posts
    While CrackBerry.com is geared as much towards entertaining and connecting the Crackberry community as it is to helping solve problems and staying on top of news and rumors, all posts made within the site should be value added and on topic to the thread (even in the free for all). Hijacking a thread off-topic is a big No-No, and posts made for no reason other than to increase post count will be wiped from the site.
    01-29-13 02:11 AM
    Regardless of if it is reported or not, my understanding is that off-topic posts to the extent of being a totally unrelated conversation would be wiped from the thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/forum-r...uidelines-113/
    Make Meaningful Posts
    While CrackBerry.com is geared as much towards entertaining and connecting the Crackberry community as it is to helping solve problems and staying on top of news and rumors, all posts made within the site should be value added and on topic to the thread (even in the free for all). Hijacking a thread off-topic is a big No-No, and posts made for no reason other than to increase post count will be wiped from the site.
    Are you seriously implying that the dozen posts I made while engaging in fun back and forth within this thread was made for the purpose of increasing post count??????

1) I am not so infantile as to view post count as meaningful in any way to my estimation of self worth. I don't even know what happens at 10K, what title that is.
    2) If I cared what my post count is, I would spend time in all threads everywhere on the site, including huge amounts of time solely on the 50K thread, as someone suggested earlier (was it you?) I visit areas of the forum that interest me and post where I find interest. That is what participation in a forum means. I have nothing to gain from post count, and none of my forum friends have that kind of infantile frame of mind. We simply enjoy each other.
    3) I *like* the people I was trading posts with, and it was a moment of fun spontaneity

Seriously? First it's a problem that we comment on RIM in something other than absolute and total obeisance, then it's a problem that we use devices other than BB, then it's a problem that we have fun while on a thread? Here are a couple of thoughts.....we are discussing phones; bits of plastic with bits of wires in them. This is not the fate of the Free World. Also, a community is where virtual friendships between members develop, and as happens with friends, even virtual friends, conversations meander. Also, are a dozen posts so disruptive that they make the thread incomprehensible? Lastly, the Ignore button renders posts invisible. I've made use of it and because of it I don't see posts from members whose opinions I don't value. I suggested it before, and I suggest it now. I won't get my feelings hurt. Promise.

Have a fantastic and beautiful day. Happiness is a good thing, I wish you good enjoyment of it.
    Last edited by qbnkelt; 01-29-13 at 03:24 AM.
    01-29-13 03:12 AM
    to get it back on topic before anyone elses sense of humour fails on them completely.

i think this topic has been done and to carry it on will just repeat everything said already. i think the op is leaping to conclusions about competition to bb10, but if theyre happy to do that, then so be it. i dont understand why people set themselves up for a fall however. blackberry 10 has a lot to do before it can win out, and i still cant see anything there that will have the competition shaking at all. ios and android have fan bases large enough to make blackberry insignificant. and bb10 has to have a major surprise or two up its sleeves tomorrow, because nothing i have seen will drastically change the market share.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    01-29-13 03:17 AM
    also does anyone else find that quoting a post by a mod and discussing thread derailments in a thread thats not about thread derailment ironic?
    or is it just me.
    live by the creed you preach. thats why we have pm buttons

01-29-13 03:26 AM
    also does anyone else find that quoting a post by a mod and discussing thread derailments in a thread thats not about thread derailment ironic?
    or is it just me.
    live by the creed you preach. thats why we have pm buttons

Ah, yes, the irony.

And if it wasn't deemed worthy of a report, why complain after a mod found it necessary to come into the discussion? I find that disingenuous.

I keep saying, the Ignore button is useful.

This is a happy time, revel in it!!!

01-29-13 04:04 AM
    Thread successfully derailed again. Closed!
    01-29-13 06:29 AM
118 ... 345