Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 118
Like Tree329Likes
  1. belfastdispatcher's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    13,419 Posts
    PIN
    27F48177
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default And that's when you know the competition is feeling the heat!

    The pictures speak for themselves.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails And that's when you know the competition is feeling the heat!-edshot-20-wed-20jan-2023-202013-204.07.52-20pm-.jpg   And that's when you know the competition is feeling the heat!-edshot-20-wed-20jan-2023-202013-204.16.04-20pm-.jpg  
  2. johnenglish's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    734 Posts
    #2  

    Default

    Not feeling the heat, just smart marketing. Companies do this kind of stuff all the time. If you know there are people searching a specific hastag, why wouldn't you take the opportunity to direct them to your own product?
  3. belfastdispatcher's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    13,419 Posts
    PIN
    27F48177
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

    Default

    BTW, the ads keep repeating on a # search and they show up on a #BB10 search too so they're clearly targeted.
  4. pantlesspenguin's Avatar

    Posts
    5,665 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,807 Global Posts
    PIN
    7901FC6B
    #4  

    Default

    Just out of curiosity, I did a hashtag search for iPhone. First result was a promoted tweet about Windows. Do you not know the difference between a promoted tweet and a search result? If you're searching for something tech related, you'll get a tech related result thrown in that doesn't have to do with what you're searching. It's the same reason why we sometimes see Android, etc banner adds on CrackBerry.

    ETA: I did a search for Samsung and saw the same Windows tweet I got in my iPhone search.
    Everyone, everyone, stop fighting! Look unto me! I possess the blue flag! I wield the power infinite! The universal fabric is mine to unravel! My every thought becomes reality! Mountains will fall! Seas will boil! Day will be at night! People will...run...chicks'll dig me!
    Thanked by 7:
    howarmat (01-23-2013),  mikeo007 (01-23-2013),  SixStringMadness (01-23-2013) 
  5. Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes's Avatar
    Waterloo's Finest

    Posts
    5,295 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,324 Global Posts
    #5  

    Default

    Competition is clearly feeling the heat. Samsung felt they had to promote their ad when someone searched for Blackberry 10.
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

    CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

    C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    christenmartin and T-Raww like this.
  6. belfastdispatcher's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    13,419 Posts
    PIN
    27F48177
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

    Default

    What's with all the personal atacks lately? Mods?
  7. pantlesspenguin's Avatar

    Posts
    5,665 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,807 Global Posts
    PIN
    7901FC6B
    #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes View Post
    Competition is clearly feeling the heat. Samsung felt they had to promote their ad when someone searched for Blackberry 10.
    So by that logic, Windows felt the need to promote their PC operating system when someone searched iPhone? It's tech related. That's it.

    The competition is feeling the heat because BB10 is going to be awesome and shake up the mobile world, as seen by the targeted ad by Samsung. OP just doesn't understand how twitter works, just like previous posters who cry fowl when they see an Android ad at the top of CB.

    ETA: It's great to be excited for BB10. I am too. But I'd rather let the platform and all RIM has accomplished speak for itself then stoop to the level of a schoolyard bully and spin stuff like how a promoted tweet is targeting people searching for BB10. That's just how twitter works.
    Everyone, everyone, stop fighting! Look unto me! I possess the blue flag! I wield the power infinite! The universal fabric is mine to unravel! My every thought becomes reality! Mountains will fall! Seas will boil! Day will be at night! People will...run...chicks'll dig me!
    mikeo007 and kbz1960 like this.
  8. pantlesspenguin's Avatar

    Posts
    5,665 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,807 Global Posts
    PIN
    7901FC6B
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by belfastdispatcher View Post
    What's with all the personal atacks lately? Mods?
    Explaining how something works is a personal attack? How so?
    Everyone, everyone, stop fighting! Look unto me! I possess the blue flag! I wield the power infinite! The universal fabric is mine to unravel! My every thought becomes reality! Mountains will fall! Seas will boil! Day will be at night! People will...run...chicks'll dig me!
    Thanked by 2:
    BoldtotheMax (01-23-2013),  SixStringMadness (01-23-2013) 
  9. cjcampbell's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,687 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,691 Global Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MadMax8778 View Post
    Seems we have another riding rims **** to the grave, typical
    Seriously man... you've clearly made your choice to move on to iPhone. You've had two threads closed due to your trolling so why don't you either go to iMore or some other Apple fan page or try to add something constructive. Sure we are all fans here and quite excited for what's coming. Nothing wrong with that. Thre reality of what BB10 will bring to the market will be apparent in 1 week from now. Until then, stop spewing anti RIM/BB rhetoric on a BB fan page.
    Thanked by:
    T-Raww (01-28-2013) 
  10. belfastdispatcher's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    13,419 Posts
    PIN
    27F48177
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pantlesspenguin View Post
    So by that logic, Windows felt the need to promote their PC operating system when someone searched iPhone? It's tech related. That's it.

    The competition is feeling the heat because BB10 is going to be awesome and shake up the mobile world, as seen by the targeted ad by Samsung. OP just doesn't understand how twitter works, just like previous posters who cry fowl when they see an Android ad at the top of CB.

    ETA: It's great to be excited for BB10. I am too. But I'd rather let the platform and all RIM has accomplished speak for itself then stoop to the level of a schoolyard bully and spin stuff like how a promoted tweet is targeting people searching for BB10. That's just how twitter works.
    Sorry Pantless but you're wrong:

    https://business.twitter.com/advertise/promoted-tweets/
    Thanked by:
    eephus1 (01-23-2013) 
  11. Masahiro's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,265 Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pantlesspenguin View Post
    Explaining how something works is a personal attack? How so?
    Belfastdispatcher is obviously talking about the troll who will probably be banned in a bit anyways.
  12. pantlesspenguin's Avatar

    Posts
    5,665 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,807 Global Posts
    PIN
    7901FC6B
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by belfastdispatcher View Post
    Thank you for proving me right, actually. It's all tech related. BB10 has now been included in tech-related searches as entered by those manufacturers. It's why I got a promoted tweet about PC Windows when I searched iPhone.
    Everyone, everyone, stop fighting! Look unto me! I possess the blue flag! I wield the power infinite! The universal fabric is mine to unravel! My every thought becomes reality! Mountains will fall! Seas will boil! Day will be at night! People will...run...chicks'll dig me!
    Thanked by:
    SixStringMadness (01-23-2013) 
  13. mikeo007's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,140 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,518 Global Posts
    #13  

    Default And that's when you know the competition is feeling the heat!

    As hard as it may be for the diehards to believe, the world does not revolve around RIM. Open your eyes and use a little common sense.
    Go get some apps!
    DocuShortcut - Free homescreen shortcuts
    Symptom Journal - Track medical symptoms and causes (Built For BlackBerry)
    SkinEd for Minecraft - Create and share Minecraft skins
    Thanked by 5:
    BoldtotheMax (01-23-2013),  tdawg00 (01-25-2013) 
  14. belfastdispatcher's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    13,419 Posts
    PIN
    27F48177
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pantlesspenguin View Post
    Explaining how something works is a personal attack? How so?
    Sorry, not you pantless, his post was deleted.
  15. belfastdispatcher's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    13,419 Posts
    PIN
    27F48177
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pantlesspenguin View Post
    Thank you for proving me right, actually. It's all tech related. BB10 has now been included in tech-related searches as entered by those manufacturers. It's why I got a promoted tweet about PC Windows when I searched iPhone.
    Did you miss "targeted search"?

    "Promoted Tweets in search: Use Promoted Tweets to reach users when they are searching on Twitter. Promoted Tweets targeted to search terms appear at the top of the results page"

    "Targeted to search terms"
  16. pantlesspenguin's Avatar

    Posts
    5,665 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,807 Global Posts
    PIN
    7901FC6B
    #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by belfastdispatcher View Post
    Did you miss "targeted search"?

    "Promoted Tweets in search: Use Promoted Tweets to reach users when they are searching on Twitter. Promoted Tweets targeted to search terms appear at the top of the results page"

    "Targeted to search terms"
    Right!! So people searching BlackBerry might get ads for Windows, iPhone, Samsung, etc etc etc because those companies have promoted their tweets for those search terms. The term BlackBerry was in your search. For all we know it's been a "targeted search" for years.

    It makes me kind of uneasy that you've seen BB10 up close and personal, and seem so insecure about the platform speaking for itself that you feel the need to point fingers that various companies are trying to hijack people searching for BB10. I'm fairly certain that BB10 will impress enough that those searching for BB10 information on twitter will, you know, ignore the tweets from other companies.
    Everyone, everyone, stop fighting! Look unto me! I possess the blue flag! I wield the power infinite! The universal fabric is mine to unravel! My every thought becomes reality! Mountains will fall! Seas will boil! Day will be at night! People will...run...chicks'll dig me!
    BoldtotheMax likes this.
  17. raino's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,294 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,425 Global Posts
    #17  

    Default

    Sorry for going OT, but I for one am just LOVING some of these user names liking the posts in this thread.

    Carry on.
    Models and Supported Frequencies: Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30

    Want to find out which radio band your BB10 phone is currently on? UMTS, LTE (careful with escreens!)
  18. Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes's Avatar
    Waterloo's Finest

    Posts
    5,295 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,324 Global Posts
    #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pantlesspenguin View Post
    Right!! So people searching BlackBerry might get ads for Windows, iPhone, Samsung, etc etc etc because those companies have promoted their tweets for those search terms. The term BlackBerry was in your search. For all we know it's been a "targeted search" for years.
    whether or not other people are doing it, it clearly states "targeted to search terms". That means Samsung specifically made it so when someone searched Blackberry 10 that their ad came up. Feeling the Blackberry ((( HEAT )))
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

    CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

    C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    christenmartin and Bobert_123 like this.
  19. pantlesspenguin's Avatar

    Posts
    5,665 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,807 Global Posts
    PIN
    7901FC6B
    #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes View Post
    whether or not other people are doing it, it clearly states "targeted to search terms". That means Samsung specifically made it so when someone searched Blackberry 10 that their ad came up. Feeling the Blackberry ((( HEAT )))
    Oh yeah, the same heat that Windows is feeling to have their PC operating system show up in searches for iPhone. Heat baby, heat! To me the fact that Samsung specifically targeted BlackBerry in an ad just a couple weeks from release shows that they're feeling the pressure more than this little blip on the radar.
    Everyone, everyone, stop fighting! Look unto me! I possess the blue flag! I wield the power infinite! The universal fabric is mine to unravel! My every thought becomes reality! Mountains will fall! Seas will boil! Day will be at night! People will...run...chicks'll dig me!
  20. belfastdispatcher's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    13,419 Posts
    PIN
    27F48177
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pantlesspenguin View Post
    Oh yeah, the same heat that Windows is feeling to have their PC operating system show up in searches for iPhone. Heat baby, heat! To me the fact that Samsung specifically targeted BlackBerry in an ad just a couple weeks from release shows that they're feeling the pressure more than this little blip on the radar.
    So first they didn't target it, now they did but it doesn't mean much? Make up your mind lol. I would say Sony is feeling the heat more then Samsung.
  21. SixStringMadness's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,470 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,528 Global Posts
    PIN
    mic check one two, testing, check check
    #21  

    Default

    Neither Samsung or Sony is promoting their tweets because they "feel the heat" of the soon to be released Blackberry10.

    I'm sure if you searched for other tech or smartphone related searches, you see the same promoted tweets.

    They're just taking a few pages out of Google's marketing handbook.....

    Not everyone searching for #BlackBerry10 or #BB10 is a die hard BlackBerry owner. So catering your advertising for those searching for smartphone info, is generally just considered good focused marketing.
    Personal - VZW BlackBerry Z10 - 10.2.1.537
    Work -VZW iPhone 5 - 7.0.4 - MobileIron
    Playbook - 32G

    Thanked by:
    pantlesspenguin (01-23-2013) 
  22. pantlesspenguin's Avatar

    Posts
    5,665 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,807 Global Posts
    PIN
    7901FC6B
    #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by belfastdispatcher View Post
    So first they didn't target it, now they did but it doesn't mean much? Make up your mind lol. I would say Sony is feeling the heat more then Samsung.
    Sorry that was confusing, lol. I meant the Samsung ad about the game company where they made references to BB.
    Everyone, everyone, stop fighting! Look unto me! I possess the blue flag! I wield the power infinite! The universal fabric is mine to unravel! My every thought becomes reality! Mountains will fall! Seas will boil! Day will be at night! People will...run...chicks'll dig me!
    T-Raww likes this.
  23. SixStringMadness's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,470 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,528 Global Posts
    PIN
    mic check one two, testing, check check
    #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by belfastdispatcher View Post
    So first they didn't target it, now they did but it doesn't mean much? Make up your mind lol. I would say Sony is feeling the heat more then Samsung.

    They're not targeting BB10, they're targeting technology related searches.
    Personal - VZW BlackBerry Z10 - 10.2.1.537
    Work -VZW iPhone 5 - 7.0.4 - MobileIron
    Playbook - 32G

  24. Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes's Avatar
    Waterloo's Finest

    Posts
    5,295 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,324 Global Posts
    #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SixStringMadness View Post
    Neither Samsung or Sony is promoting their tweets because they "feel the heat" of the soon to be released Blackberry10.

    I'm sure if you searched for other tech or smartphone related searches, you see the same promoted tweets.

    They're just taking a few pages out of Google's marketing handbook.....

    Not everyone searching for #BlackBerry10 or #BB10 is a die hard BlackBerry owner. So catering your advertising for those searching for smartphone info, is generally just considered good focused marketing.
    You certainly wouldn't make your ads show for totally unrelated markets or non-competition.

    Not every one searching #blackberry10 or #bb10 has to be a die hard fan either. They just have to be searching for it and Samsung made it so when they do that a big fat Samsung ad pops up first to distract them.

    And yes, it is good focused marketing. On the competition. Because they are feeling the heat.
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

    CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

    C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
  25. Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes's Avatar
    Waterloo's Finest

    Posts
    5,295 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,324 Global Posts
    #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SixStringMadness View Post
    They not targeting BB10, they're targeting technology related searches.
    They had to ad blackberry 10 specifically to the search terms their ad pops up for.
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

    CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

    C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    Thanked by:
    belfastdispatcher (01-24-2013) 
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Good messenger that works when you are on the phone?
    By shockberry00 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9650
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-05-2010, 05:10 PM
  2. Good messenger that works when you are on the phone?
    By shockberry00 in forum Native BlackBerry OS Apps
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-05-2010, 05:10 PM
  3. When you guys get your 9700s in the mail, post pics please?
    By bmwmpower in forum Rehab & Off-Topic Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-04-2009, 05:37 PM
  4. How do you know your bold has void the warrenty.
    By CHUI in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-07-2009, 12:24 AM
  5. What to do when you know an app will make $$$?
    By Chokeberry in forum BlackBerry OS Apps
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-15-2009, 08:07 AM

Posting Permissions