Awesome. Again though which all touch BlackBerry has the equivalent setup to the Passport? You know that is the point of the thread right?

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    04-27-15 03:25 PM
    Since BlackBerry cannot take sharp pic of moving objects, how did you get those liquid drops to stand so still? We're they frozen solid?
    </sarcasm mode off>

This Passport takes me places!
    bb10_fan likes this.
    04-27-15 04:21 PM
    I don't know, does it? It seems kind of pointless to stick up a pic to say "See? Better!" when I can't justify it based on the degraded copy. And for that matter, it is why I won't comment on other photos any more because 1) jpeg is fundamentally a lossy format even at its best setting and 2) I have no idea how many saves and how they have been saved.

The pic was of Tut's mask and I could clearly see artifacts from one of jpeg's bigger weaknesses, i.e. distorted color blocks in large monochromatic areas, as well as the noisy narrow areas I mentioned before. But if it makes you happy I can post anyway (once I figure out how to turn the photo). And I do not claim it is an example of a "better" photo (I am not a very good judge of photography) but an example of what the phone camera can do under the specific conditions the photo was taken at.
    Well all of the pics get degraded so if they are better they should still look better degraded than the others do degraded, no?
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    04-27-15 04:31 PM
    Awesome. Again though which all touch BlackBerry has the equivalent setup to the Passport? You know that is the point of the thread right?

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    Any Z10, Q10. The only problem is that Z10/Q10 have longest exposure time of 1/3 of a second (not sure about Z30) . For the fast shutter they work similarly well actually my photo response was to a post that mentioned iPhone Android and Passport

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 05:09 PM
    Awesome pics! Are you sure those were taken on a lowly BlackBerry?
    04-27-15 06:45 PM
    Well all of the pics get degraded so if they are better they should still look better degraded than the others do degraded, no?
    I thought of that . It may be a reasonable assumption. As I said, I will post anyway although I would prefer to figure out the orientation issue first. Not sure why my photo is the right way up on sites like Photobucket but sideways here.
    04-27-15 07:12 PM
    That's too bad. She has no idea what she is missing. Passport camera is quiet good, for a phone. Funny enough, I am always asked to send my pictures to those that just took the same pictures with latest and greatest android phones and even with the newest iPhones. Everyone just loves the quality that comes from the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 07:52 PM
    I have to quote this user again and say thank you. I purchased Camera++ and found it to take excellent macros and I am thrilled!!! I think the photos i am taking right now are so much better than the camera software I have on my Z30. Lots of control over functions and a better picture as a result. Thank you for the tip!
    And Please Stay. Thank you.
    04-28-15 01:08 AM
    Awesome pics! Are you sure those were taken on a lowly BlackBerry?
    absolutely Passport is a beast, so far the best BlackBerry 10 device I owned
    Last edited by bb10_fan; 04-28-15 at 05:04 AM.
    KingOfQwerty likes this.
    04-28-15 02:37 AM
    I thought of that . It may be a reasonable assumption. As I said, I will post anyway although I would prefer to figure out the orientation issue first. Not sure why my photo is the right way up on sites like Photobucket but sideways here.
    CB does that for some reason with some pics.
    04-28-15 07:07 AM
    LG G4 was announced today and it looks like a beast! That and the Galaxy Note4/5 will be the ones to upgrade to
    04-28-15 08:22 PM
    Yeah I have a buddy that his wife went from a 9900 to an iPhone because the people at work were shoes wing here awesome iPhone pictures and in his Q10 is OK, and they had a kid a year ago and are taking tons of pics now. He is saying his next phone will likely be an iPhone now too because of her experience with it and the pictures too and he is a PKB die hard. People here love to say specs don't or shouldn't matter, but they do! Mike " said no one would want camera and MP3 in a phone and BlackBerry has always treated these features as afterthoughts. The camera software in BB10 is pretty lame.

Posted via CB10
    I think the camera software's performance improved drastically on the latest version of 10.3.1. Before that, autofocus was almost too slow to be usable. Now, I think the Passport has a decent camera. It's not the LG G4, but it's better than an older iPhone and better than many Android devices (the SG6 is exceptionally good, but the Passport beats the Moto X).

I hope to see the camera improve.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    04-28-15 09:36 PM
    To those who say we have the hub and a great file manager, imagine you're out with a friend and she asks you to take a picture of her

"Hey, take a picture of me"
    "Okay"
    *snap*
    *shows her the picture*
    "Why does it look so washed and dark, looks out of focus too, my iPhone 5 makes better pictures"
    "Yeah my Z10's camera isn't that great but hey I have a great file manager*

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 11:40 PM
    Thanks Blackberry, wife jumping ship today for all touch phone with better camera!!!!!!!!! Why couldn't BB update their camera?-image.jpg
    Thanks Blackberry, wife jumping ship today for all touch phone with better camera!!!!!!!!! Why couldn't BB update their camera?-image.jpg

Ok, so hopefully the orientation is right. This is a photo I took at the Tutankhamen exhibition here in San Diego on an iPhone 6 Plus. Dark indoors but with intense spot lighting (see second photo). The only way to get a decent photo was to place the object directly between phone and light. No flash, auto focus.
    Attached Thumbnails Thanks Blackberry, wife jumping ship today for all touch phone with better camera!!!!!!!!! Why couldn't BB update their camera?-image.jpg   Thanks Blackberry, wife jumping ship today for all touch phone with better camera!!!!!!!!! Why couldn't BB update their camera?-image.jpg  
    04-29-15 08:37 AM
    To those who say we have the hub and a great file manager, imagine you're out with a friend and she asks you to take a picture of her

"Okay"
    *snap*
    *shows her the picture*
    "Why does it look so washed and dark, looks out of focus too, my iPhone 5 makes better pictures"

Posted via CB10
    You should take a look at some photo threads we have on here. A photo would not look washed out just because it was taken in a BlackBerry device.

Besides, BlackBerry takes priority in communication. How many pictures do you take per day on average? Compare that to how many messages you go through per day.
    For myself, I are around 2 photos per day. And there are plenty of days that I go through without taking any photo at all.

I understand that BlackBerry does not have the best camera, but people are willing to make that small sacrifice for features such as the Hub and the file manager.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 09:27 AM
    it's better than an older iPhone and better than many Android devices (the SG6 is exceptionally good, but the Passport beats the Moto X).
    Posted via CB10
    Moto X 's camera is poor, how about z3 or z3 compact?
    04-29-15 09:53 AM
    it's better than an older iPhone and better than many Android devices (the SG6 is exceptionally good, but the Passport beats the Moto X).
    Posted via CB10
    Moto X 's camera is poor, how about z3 or z3 compact?
    04-29-15 09:54 AM
    You should take a look at some photo threads we have on here. A photo would not look washed out just because it was taken in a BlackBerry device.

Besides, BlackBerry takes priority in communication. How many pictures do you take per day on average? Compare that to how many messages you go through per day.
    For myself, I are around 2 photos per day. And there are plenty of days that I go through without taking any photo at all.

I understand that BlackBerry does not have the best camera, but people are willing to make that small sacrifice for features such as the Hub and the file manager.

Posted via CB10
    I'm 22 years old, I use Snapchat a lot and take a lot of pictures using the camera and yes I also message a lot but when we talk about the hub, it only helps in twitter, BBM and whatsapp, apps like Snapchat, Instagram and all the other Android apps don't go on the hub so it isn't that useful for people my age and younger

Don't get me wrong, the HUB is amazing!

Posted via CB10
    RH1Pearl likes this.
    04-29-15 10:20 AM
    I downloaded the Camera ++ user guide. Should be very helpful.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 02:01 PM
    Some of those pics are out of focus..

Posted via CB10
    They're auto focus...* ;-)

(Sorry, couldn't resist! )
    * BBRY style

�   Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....   �
    04-29-15 06:39 PM

"Okay"
    *snap*
    *shows her the picture*

Posted via CB10
    Hey, I just joined the Apple Crowd (!LoL!, me) and bought an iPad mini 2, to really hands-on check what all the Apple fuss is about. And I'm missing the file manager capabilities right from the start. And the home button is kinda super annoying ... :-)))

Don't bash the file manager, hey ;-)

Blend works nicely, though!

�   Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....   �
    04-29-15 06:43 PM
    Hey, I just joined the Apple Crowd (!LoL!, me) and bought an iPad mini 2, to really hands-on check what all the Apple fuss is about. And I'm missing the file manager capabilities right from the start. And the home button is kinda super annoying ... :-)))

Don't bash the file manager, hey ;-)

Blend works nicely, though!

•   Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....   •
    On the iPad, you can enable "Multitasking gestures." A 4-finger pinch takes me to the home screen, a 4-finger swipe upwards opens the task switcher, and a 4-finger swipe left or right switches me between open/"running" apps.
    Last edited by jmr1015; 04-29-15 at 07:01 PM.
    04-29-15 06:49 PM

Ok, so hopefully the orientation is right. This is a photo I took at the Tutankhamen exhibition here in San Diego on an iPhone 6 Plus. Dark indoors but with intense spot lighting (see second photo). The only way to get a decent photo was to place the object directly between phone and light. No flash, auto focus.
    Great looking pic.
    TGR1 likes this.
    04-29-15 06:49 PM

"Okay"
    *snap*
    *shows her the picture*

Posted via CB10
    I tried that with my Z30, but she didn't say the picture was "washed and dark, looks out of focus too," she said the picture made her look fat. In my defense, she said the same thing when I used her iPhone.
    TGR1 likes this.
    04-29-15 06:54 PM
    This is understandable. But there are always trade-offs to be had. I've not had a Z10, but I love my Q10's QWERTY keyboard, OS shortcuts, form factor, rugged durability, stylish look, and price point. I run my Q10 naked with a screen protector and it looks new. If it does meet an untimely death another phone is only $150'ish USD away on eBay.

My SO has an iPhone 5. Great photos, awesome app ecosystem, and syncs nicely with our Macs. Downside? Twice the price of a Q or Z10, still requires a durable case, screen protector, and possibly insurance plan. No battery access. Proprietary charging/sync'ing interface.

But I'm going to encourage your wife to make the jump here. I don't see the point in using a BBRY without a physical keyboard. Just get any other all-touch device and be happy. BBRY is renowned for their QWERTY and trackpad/ball. OPINION: Without that you're getting a substandard touch device.
    04-30-15 01:58 AM
355 ... 1011121314 ...