I just wanted to extend a sincere thank you to all of the members, moderators, administrators and to the founders of this forum for the terrific job done here.

While I am no slouch when it comes to technology of any kind, the newer Blackberries are a new venture for me and 95% of it all has been relatively easy to acclimate but there have been a few areas where I've just needed a hint or a tip and the wealth of information found here has been enormous.

Likewise, I've been accused by family and friends of never letting tech gadgets simple be themselves and having to modify/customize/tweek them but hey ... i can never shake this feeling that things can always run just a bit better or faster or cleaner. Well, posts, threads and articles here have helped me out when looking to get that done as well.

Overall, the willingness to share than information has been overwhelmingly open, honest and freely given and I think that communities like this encompass the best aspects of internet communities and forums overall.

Yes, certainly I've seen the fair share of goobers and idiots as well as a few scam artists (selling $0.50 USB adapters for the "really great" price of $10) and one or two outright thieves (selling invalidated phones that don't belong to them "just cuz"), but what large community doesn't have them?

Them aside, the overwhelming majority of the community here is terrifically helpful, knowledgeable and pleasantly open about sharing what knowledge they have for no reason other than wanting to be of help and that is just one example of the finer side of human nature to be found on the internet which, frankly, is plagued all too often with a reputation tarnished by scams, fraud and predation of all sorts.

So again, I just wanted to share my thoughts and say openly that I appreciate this place enormously as a resource and research tool and simply felt that many times, the people who work hard behind the servers don't always hear enough of that appreciation from the communities they serve. Yes, this is largely a vehicle to support and advertise the commercial ventures they run as well, but still ... it is a good, clean forum with a wealth of knowledge and ample free resources for enthusiasts to share in abundance.

So thank you. Thank you all very much.
    Last edited by Kholya; 01-07-10 at 02:22 PM. Reason: grammar
    01-07-10 10:42 AM
    your welcome
    01-07-10 10:45 AM
    ...the overwhelming majority of the community here is terrifically helpful, knowledgeable and pleasantly open about sharing what knowledge they have for no reason other than wanting to be of help and that is just one example of the finer side of human nature to be found on the internet ...
    They do indeed.

Let me add my thanks to all the members that have contributed so much time and energy into making this The go-to site for everything BlackBerry.
    01-07-10 12:07 PM
    They do indeed.

Let me add my thanks to all the members that have contributed so much time and energy into making this The go-to site for everything BlackBerry.
    Thank you for being a great mod and no, I'm not stalking the mods.
    01-07-10 12:12 PM
    thank you for being a sincere member. there are some members who ridicule your help when being offered to them.
    01-07-10 12:23 PM
    This is a nice and much needed post. Wow. Very well articulated (wish I could be as well spoken).
    It is sometimes discouraging to see some of the posts here as was stated. But posts like this help to make the time spent helping others seem worth it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-10 12:37 PM
    WOW, very nice post OP, thank you for being a part of this site also
    01-07-10 01:15 PM
    But posts like this help to make the time spent helping others seem worth it.

i totally agree
    01-08-10 09:09 AM
    Your post is well composed, and I echo the sentiments you've eloquently expressed.

"Likewise, I've been accused by family and friends of never letting tech gadgets simple be themselves and having to modify/customize/tweek them but hey ... i can never shake this feeling that things can always run just a bit better or faster or cleaner."

You simply want maximum performance from your devices, and you appreciate them for their their capabilities. I'm the same way, even if I don't outright modify them. I like to tweak them so they are to my personal taste and liking and so I can obtain maximum "stock" benefit and performance from them.

01-08-10 09:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD