Well, my brother and I went on a long hiking trip through the woods by my house today. We were looking for this big pond that I saw when I was playing around with msn live search on my berry last night. When we went Probably about a mile or so into the woods, I pulled out my berry and used gps to help us find the pond. When we found it, we totally forgot where we were. I again pulled out my berry and used the gps to guide us home. Even with gps, I still went about a half mile in the wrong direction. After about an hour of wondering around in circles (my little brother wanted to kill me at that point), I read the map right and got home. If I didn't have my berry, I would still be out there walking in circles. Thank god for gps and for Blackberries!!! Anyone elts have a story on how your Berry helped you in a tight situation? Please share your story here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-08 02:14 PM
    BB's are like little boxes filled with every thing necessary to survive!!
    07-19-08 02:23 PM
    That's great to hear.

We took a trip to Wisconsin this past June. We make the trip once or twice a year, so that wasn't a big deal. However, we needed to make a detour to my great aunt's house to pick up something before we arrived at our destination. Let's just say her direction were anything but helpful. Using her address, I pulled up directions and used my BB's GPS to save the day (or night for that matter)! Of course, we would have made it one way or another, and it wouldn't be the same as being lost in the woods, but it did save us some a bit of driving time.
    07-19-08 02:25 PM
    Mine has saved me too many times to count. How do you think I surf CB at work
    07-19-08 02:29 PM
    Just like a Swiss Army Berry, um I mean knife.
    07-19-08 02:30 PM
    Happy ending

07-19-08 02:35 PM
    Well, my brother and I went on a long hiking trip through the woods by my house today. We were looking for this big pond that I saw when I was playing around with msn live search on my berry last night. When we went Probably about a mile or so into the woods, I pulled out my berry and used gps to help us find the pond. When we found it, we totally forgot where we were. I again pulled out my berry and used the gps to guide us home. Even with gps, I still went about a half mile in the wrong direction. After about an hour of wondering around in circles (my little brother wanted to kill me at that point), I read the map right and got home. If I didn't have my berry, I would still be out there walking in circles. Thank god for gps and for Blackberries!!! Anyone elts have a story on how your Berry helped you in a tight situation? Please share your story here.

Glad you read the map right. I dont blame your little brother! I would have wanted to kill U too!!
    07-19-08 02:38 PM
    What did we do before all this high Tech gadgets is available to us?
    07-19-08 03:15 PM
    That's when people actually got lost in the woods

07-19-08 03:17 PM
    You must not be on Verizon then..Gps doesn't work on them
    07-19-08 03:19 PM
    The berry saves the day again.

07-19-08 03:20 PM
    I have AT&T. Thank god I do.

07-19-08 03:22 PM
    Thank goodness you made it out alive!
    07-19-08 03:43 PM
    How exactly were you reading the map to cause you to go in circles?
    07-19-08 05:53 PM
    I kept thinking the little gps dot was going one way, but I was really going another way. I got it right after about an hour.

07-19-08 06:03 PM
    Glad you made it out. If you had had to spend the night in the woods, you could have used your laser function to start a fire. BB's are the best.
    Last edited by exelant; 07-19-08 at 06:33 PM.
    07-19-08 06:13 PM
    That's when people actually got lost in the woods

You mean they dont any more?
    07-19-08 06:53 PM
    Well only the people without gps get lost. Everyone knows that!

07-19-08 06:56 PM
    Coop, since you like reading the GPS incorrectly, next time, DONT go out without plenty of popcorn.... leaves a pretty decent trail!!
    07-19-08 07:14 PM
    Yeah. That will be my next mistake. Good thing I don't plan on visiting the rain forest anytime soon!

07-19-08 07:17 PM
    I used mine to pinpoint a poker run stop on the lake over 4th of july weekend. We didn't win, but had a great time!

Last edited by txladi29; 07-20-08 at 02:13 AM.
    07-20-08 02:11 AM
    To make a long story short... I've got mad old school map reading skills my dad use to like to get us lost during family vacations... As I'm sure you've already guessed my dad... Got me and him lost AGAIN. We were suppose to going on a shopping excurison outtown... The mall he "wanted" to take me to and the abandon burn-out"mega"outlet mall we ended up at in the not-so-nice part of town were two totally differrnt things LOL! Anyway I whipped out my bb and had us on the right track pronto. My dad wonders how we ever got un-lost without it! Whoo hoo BB!

07-20-08 11:32 AM
    Thank goodness.
    Thank BlackBerry.
    07-20-08 06:49 PM
    Yay! GPS saves the day.
    07-20-08 07:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";