That's crazy. My parents would have murdered me if I was on their cell bill and racked up that kind of text bill. I'm so glad my parents made me wait until I had a job to pay for my phone before I was allowed to get one.

There isn't any reason why she should have been sending that many texts a day. As someone else said, there's only so many minutes in a day, how did she find time to sleep with all that texting?!
    04-09-09 01:05 PM
    My kids weren't allowed cellphones until they had the jobs necessary to support them. Still have one on my plan, but she pays that part of her bill like clockwork.

Teach 'em early, no free rides! Cellphones are a privelege, abuse it and lose it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-09 02:11 PM
    -sits back in swivel chair happy I don't have kids-
    04-09-09 02:17 PM
    Ok, True Story. My step daughter just went through 6500 Text messages last month.

A few months back ,I got the unlimited plan for $30 when she was doing 1500.

She was told to cut back, no more huge amounts of texting (we figured it out and it would have taken her 8.5 of nonstop texting to get that many out which is a full days work for her mom and me and it would have cost more for the textin gin that time than we make..lol).

So, now she does 6500. I yell at her cause im sick of this kid just doing what she wants with no repercussion (step daughter, long story...grrrrr).

I told her, do you want to start paying for it? Uh, No she said, I have no money. Well, I said, you're not going to have any text messaging if you do this again.

3 Days later...she's run up 1500 more messages. calmly, I let her mom know...cause if i dont stay calm, the you know what's going to hit the fan...BIG TIME.

She said, oh yeah, I know..Ive been monitoring it....we had a big fight about it the other day and i'll see how she does!

HUH? Someone help me...please! lol....

I think i'll put the plan in her moms name, divorce her, and then remove the unlimited. Lets see how nicey nice she is then!
    04-09-09 03:00 PM
    My kids weren't allowed cellphones until they had the jobs necessary to support them. Still have one on my plan, but she pays that part of her bill like clockwork.

Teach 'em early, no free rides! Cellphones are a privelege, abuse it and lose it.

yepyep... i had a prepaid when i was younger.. but it was phone only.. then i got a regular plan under my dad... a few months into that, i started working (about 15 and a half) and have been paying my bill ever since.. except when i was on a family plan that is was 10 bucks a months... they paid that lol... but i was paying rent... so THERE!
    04-09-09 03:52 PM
    -sits back in swivel chair happy I don't have kids-
    ::raises a glass:: Here's to no kids.
    04-09-09 03:59 PM
    I have only ever got my kid a prepaid. This is one of the reasons, no lost phones under contract being the other.

04-09-09 04:06 PM
    ::raises a glass:: Here's to no kids.
    CHEERS
    *clink*

I really don't understand kids having cell phones at 12, 13, 14, helll even at 8 nowdays. firefly ftw?
    04-09-09 04:17 PM
    It's not hard for them to hit that many txts when most of their phones support distribution lists. So they basically form their own chatrooms. Fire off one text message to that list and it can have 10 - 50 contacts in it, each of which is a separately billed txtmsg. So each txt going out is multiplied immediately.
    04-09-09 05:41 PM
    Well I don't have any kids, so I might not understand the fine points, but I think my kids could have cell phones as soon as they have allowance. Prepaid of course that would make such scenarios impossible.

04-09-09 05:44 PM
    My question, how did the parents not notice her texting? She would have had to have been texting constantly!
    04-26-09 02:41 AM
    Good lord almighty! Could you imagine this?

$4,800 SMS bill

If that little girl were one of my kids, she certainly wouldn't be smiling during the interview.
    awww damn ....
    but what he did to the phone after the 5 (f) ....dat was priceless
    04-26-09 02:46 AM
    Well I don't have any kids, so I might not understand the fine points, but I think my kids could have cell phones as soon as they have allowance. Prepaid of course that would make such scenarios impossible.

I agree, I would never give my daughter a contract line. I would be in the poor house if I did.
    04-26-09 02:49 AM
    I had a 'cricket' phone when I was 14. Unlimited everything. My parents didn't even have a cell phone back then.

What's funny though is I can't remember texting ever.

04-26-09 08:01 AM
    I have chilldren and she would be grounded a bit longer than that. Her little rear-end would be raking leaves, mowing grass, washing windows to earn some money. Since dad "disabled" the phone he still has a monthly bill or a ET fee.
    04-26-09 08:53 AM
    I realize kids can be idiots, I mean, we were all kids at one time and most of us would have qualified as being idiots! What really gets me is that in order to rack up that many texts, taking out school and sleep time, you would have to send a text every 3 to 4 minutes, the entire time you are awake! Where is the parental involvement in the lives of these kids? This is the type of supervision, or lack there of, that allows kids to build explosive devises and assemble arsenals of weapons in the garage and go on violent rampages at school!...wow, enough of that rant, just get involved and know what's going on. If the kid doesn't listen, then a hammer is probably a great tool to fix the text message addiction!
    FyrGuy176

04-27-09 12:02 AM
    If that were my daughter she would never text again when I got finished with her!

04-27-09 03:38 AM
    That is insane.. did she text every 5 seconds to rack up the bill that high?? The number doesn't make any sense..
    04-27-09 04:32 AM
    my son is asking for a phone since he's old enough, but i will fortify him with unlimited everything because he loves to text like me, i couldnt fathom a bill that high
    04-27-09 10:04 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD