I too find the location of the emoticon shortcut symbol an annoyance and one of my biggest complaints with the Z10. It shortens the whole text input window by like 20% and I have the problem of hitting the emoticon symbol almost every time I try to move the cursor back to the end of a line (maybe its a problem for people with big fingers). I'm came here specifically to try to find a way to move or disable it. Putting happy faces above functionality suggests that this was a phone intended for children. Maybe I need to looking for an adult brand phone
    03-17-15 10:53 AM
    Texting interface is not pro business-img_20150319_110938.png
    That's how it looks like on Z10, the edit box is officially less than 50% wide relative to the screen. Also, I need to send a text message, not an MMS or an email, what the hell is that attach button doing there?

Passport has a huge screen, other devices not so. I do think the UI team dropped the ball in text messaging in older devices.

Also, take a good look at it: there's a lot of space left unused to the right of my message and to the left of the contact's message. It makes messages unnecessary vertically longer

Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.2243
    muellerto likes this.
    03-18-15 11:16 PM
    I agree. I don't know why it is different than the BBM interface which uses the screen real estate approximately.

Posted via CB10
    stevobbm likes this.
    03-19-15 02:19 AM
    That's how it looks like on Z10, the edit box is officially less than 50% wide relative to the screen. Also, I need to send a text message, not an MMS or an email, what the hell is that attach button doing there?
    Yes, this is the infamous SMS screen, as I call it. Even the back button shortens the line. There was no other place on the entire screen where this button could have been placed. And hey, when you want to correct a spelling error some words before you must operate with that circle thing also on this line, have you ever done this? If you see this all for the first time you get the impression editing a text is just a subordinate task, something marginal, something nobody needs really. I never understood what the entire empty space in the middle is needed for. Why can't they just have a big multiline input field there, starting on the top left below the recipients? I don't know how many GUI design errors are placed here. This screen is a deterrent example how it should not be made, and this after 25 years of GUI development.
    03-19-15 02:38 AM
    I dislike how the text moves halfway through typing a message

Z10STL100-2/10.3.1.2243
    This ^

Especially on the Passport with the VKB extension (symbols), it sometimes starts :-)

Emoticon are important communication tools in the professional world. You use it so that you don't miscommunicate and offend your co-workers, customers or boss with plain words that don't have characters or feeling of expressions. It helps a lot.
    And this. ^

Sometimes just impossible without, and it sort of has become (more) acceptable, at least no one gets worked up over it if you send one, even in an email. Face to face is clearest, phone has the tone of the your voice, but plain text has no way of conveying any additional meaning...

So, there you go: :-))

�   Passposted while waiting for the Zzzzzlider....   �
    03-19-15 03:15 AM
30 12