Hi all, I'm new to the BB world. Actually I haven't gotten one yet- but I am strongly considering it.

I went to look at the Curve at Tmobile and after playing around with it have a few questions about texting.

While using it I had to go to messages then "send a SMS" then find or type the persons name/phone then hit the menu button again then send.

Is there a shortcut to texting? Can you make a button/ icon that instead of being "messages" (where then I can choose what type of message) I can simply hit a button or click on the icon and be at SMS message?

Basically just curious if there are easier ways to text.

Also, does it save unlimited texts? My SK3 gets full after 100 messages.

And it looks like it doesn't save them in a thread but separately. Is there a way to get it more like a Palm/ Iphone?

Thanks for all your help.
    Last edited by FenwayWhalers; 06-20-08 at 06:49 PM.
    06-20-08 06:19 PM
    Thread sms yes. Setting up different messages yes (I think i.e mms, sms)
    06-20-08 06:22 PM
    Welcome to CB. It will save tons of messages as long as your memory holds out, you can always pull up the persons name and choose sms text, there is a way to save them seperately.
    06-20-08 06:27 PM
    Hi all, I'm new to the BB world. Actually I haven't gotten one yet- but I am strongly considering it.

I went to look at the Curve at Tmobile and after playing around with it have a few questions about texting.

While using it I had to go to messages then "send a SMS" then find or type the persons name/phone then hit the menu button again then send.

Is there a shortcut to texting? Can you make a button/ icon that instead of being "messages" (where then I can choose what type of message) I can simply hit a button or click on the icon and be at SMS message?

Basically just curious if there are easier ways to text.

Also, does it save unlimited texts? My SK3 gets full after 100 messages.

And it looks like it doesn't save them in a thread but separately. Is there a way to get it more like a Palm/ Iphone?

Thanks for all your help.
    Welcome to CB,
    the Curve has EXCELLENT texting technology. The setup is very easy to use and access and has very many helpfull features...and yes it will save MANY txts and will catagorize them by day, but of course u can also do a search if you'd like
    I highly recommend the text format for the curve better than any ive used. Very satisfied.

Furthermore, you wont find a community as helpfull/advanced/or size as the blackberry community. I encourage you to go ask your interests in other forums like iphone and all that n get different opinions. You are in a BB forum after all. We're all in love you will get the same answer from all =P
    06-20-08 08:46 PM
    You can get your own icon for mms/sms only. Go to your message box, click on options. Then go to general options and at the bottom , it will say SM and Email: Controlled or Combined. Click on it and click on "seperate" then save. When you go back to screen, your icon for texts will appear.
    06-20-08 09:02 PM
    oh, i love texting on my curve! there is a "compose" icon that takes you straight to SMS...and, did you notice the convenience keys on the side of your curve when you played with it? you can assign the compose feature to a convenience key and be there in no time at all!

most bb users invest in a memory card, where texts can be stored.

as for the thread question...i don't really know. i've never had this want. but i am sure there is an app out there somewhere that addresses it. look around! :-)

i encourage you to go curve. it is the perfect phone!
    06-21-08 01:39 AM
    How do I store txt msgs on the card? Mine came with a 1GB card and would prefer to store them on it to avoid any potencial loss of them due to memory usage.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-08 02:40 AM
    The blackberry Curve has to convenience keys. One on the right (default to camera) and one on the left (for AT&T, defaulted to PTT)

You can set either or to "SMS and MMS" At this point, all you'd have to do is click the convenient key you set it to and then you're in the "SMS and MMS" folder.
    06-21-08 03:10 AM
    I find the fastest way is if you are in the phone book or even on the home page, just start typing the receivers name until it shows up, and click the menu button and you can click on send sms.
    06-21-08 06:10 AM
    thank you that is just what I was looking for.
    06-22-08 10:49 AM
    ...most bb users invest in a memory card, where texts can be stored...
    I'm sorry, but that is simply not correct. You cannot store text messages on a Media Card, at least not with the native blackberry software. There may be 3rd party apps that allow it, I don't know.
    06-22-08 11:51 AM
    I'm sorry, but that is simply not correct. You cannot store text messages on a Media Card, at least not with the native blackberry software. There may be 3rd party apps that allow it, I don't know.
    That's what I though... But, that would be nice. It would probably slow things down though. Transfer speeds and read/write speeds are slower on the memory card. Maybe if there was a program that stores previous days messages on the memory card. That would solve the speed problem.
    06-22-08 01:04 PM
    Personally all I would need is the messages to be archived on the card. But even though access to the card may be slower it can't be that slow when viewing pics off of the card is almost instant. That's a lot more data to be loaded than text contained in SMS and email messages.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-08 01:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD