i have a bb curve 9360......
    some how i have a signature added to my texts when i send them it doesnt show up when im writing the text but it shows when the person receives it ... thing is it has nothing to do with "auto text" so my question is how do i get rid of it ?
    01-26-12 06:47 PM
    When you send Texts like SMS texts ?

What does the signature say?
    01-26-12 07:08 PM
    i have a bb curve 9360......
    some how i have a signature added to my texts when i send them it doesnt show up when im writing the text but it shows when the person receives it ... thing is it has nothing to do with "auto text" so my question is how do i get rid of it ?
    Are u using a 3rd party app to send the texts or is it from the native app?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-12 07:44 PM
    ya need a bit more info there OP...
    01-27-12 01:32 AM
    I have the same problem. I have at some point added a signature and it shows on all my texts and i want to remove it. You forget because you don't see it when you are composing the message it just shows up on the received message.
    I am wondering if i added it with a previous device and it transferred when I transferred my last back up to my new 9900bold.
    I have gone through my phone everywhere and can't find a place to remove it.
    02-21-12 10:15 AM
    You guys are 100% talking a sig on text messages only? Not emails etc?
    02-21-12 10:20 AM
    Yep! I have a completely different signature for my emails. I went into the BIS to double check and it isn't coming from there.
    Called Rogers and they said to wipe the phone and only re-add the contacts.....they had no idea could only guess....surprise
    02-21-12 07:52 PM
    text messages only?
    02-21-12 08:10 PM
    Do you mean your display name? This will not show to the sender but it shows to the receiver. Under BBM or text click BB menu then options and scroll down to display name. You can change or leave blank.
    02-22-12 06:26 AM
    Do you mean your display name? This will not show to the sender but it shows to the receiver. Under BBM or text click BB menu then options and scroll down to display name. You can change or leave blank.
    In txt message this doesn't send your name. It just shows your name on your device.
    02-22-12 07:38 AM
    At the end of every message says "From Tammy T". I remember adding it along time ago, but can not find anywhere to remove it. I do not have it listed as an auto text, i do not have to enter anything for it to show up.
    02-22-12 08:54 AM
    Jagwire.....what other information would help
    02-22-12 08:55 AM
    Xtrans, I didn't think blackberry had this feature. I looked into it a couple yrs ago and that's what I got out of it anyway. So I was just wondering if you might have set it up on another phone and it followed thru on blackberry. So call your carrier and see I they can remove this feature.
    02-22-12 01:33 PM
    Xtrans, I didn't think blackberry had this feature. I looked into it a couple yrs ago and that's what I got out of it anyway. So I was just wondering if you might have set it up on another phone and it followed thru on blackberry. So call your carrier and see I they can remove this feature.
    I have only had a blackberry with this number. I called Rogers for help and their only suggestions were to Wipe the phone or edit it was in Extreme Messaging, however I have never had Extreme Messaging (a Rogers feature).
    But you do give me an idea to try...put my sim in a phone that has the ability to add a signature and erase the signature.....doesn't hurt to try...I wouldn't have thought the info was saved on my sim but maybe it is.
    Thanks for the idea.
    02-22-12 05:20 PM
    Your welcome.
    02-22-12 08:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD