Hello all, I am a newbie and a proud owner of a bb curve 8310 for three days now.... I have searched for threads about text notifications while talking on the phone and havent found anything,I did read that you can text while talking but im not recieving new text notifications while im on the phone once i hang up i see the new text alert...how can i set my bb to alert me of new texts while talking on the phone and how would i text back while on the phone?

Also how do I put my music and pics from my pc to my bb..I installed the desktop manager but dont know how to drag my pics and music to where it needs to go to put them on my bb.....

Thank you for the help and tips...

Im glad I have found this site and have already learned a lot...
    06-04-08 12:23 AM
    Welcome to CB enjoy. I am not sure about the texting and talking I just look at my phone to see if I received a text. As far as the media you want to put on your BB use the Media Manager in the desktop manager, or move what you want to your memory card while its in your computer. You do have a memory card right. If not get one or you will eat up your device memory.
    06-04-08 12:30 AM
    I had to search around in my BB for the option... I knew it existed but couldn't remember where.

If you go into your Profiles (where you edit your notification settings), advanced and Edit... select SMS, scroll to the bottom and there is an option "Notify me during calls"... set that to yes (duh).

Hope that helps!
    06-04-08 12:30 AM
    Welcome to CB enjoy. I am not sure about the texting and talking I just look at my phone to see if I received a text. As far as the media you want to put on your BB use the Media Manager in the desktop manager, or move what you want to your memory card while its in your computer. You do have a memory card right. If not get one or you will eat up your device memory.

yes I have a memory card...but how do i move things to my BB using the media manager..like what steps would I take to do it?
    06-04-08 12:37 AM
    I had to search around in my BB for the option... I knew it existed but couldn't remember where.

If you go into your Profiles (where you edit your notification settings), advanced and Edit... select SMS, scroll to the bottom and there is an option "Notify me during calls"... set that to yes (duh).

Hope that helps!

thank you so much I followed those steps and changed that option...yayyyy i can text and talk now!!!!
    06-04-08 12:38 AM
    Welcome to the crackberry family.
    06-04-08 01:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD