Does anyone know if you can view an entire text message conversation without keeping the previously sent or received text messages?
    I like the feature of seeing an entire text conversation (my sent and received texts from one person), but if I delete the previously sent or received messages they aren't shown in any of the current texts that I received from that person. My message folder is full of unnecessary messages, I would love to be able to just keep one message in my folder that has a history of the entire text conversation. I've seen this feature on other smart phones, but not sure if blackberry offers the same thing.
    Mahalo!
    11-06-09 07:20 PM
    Some of my text messages are threaded into one conversation, but others aren't. If I delete one of the separate text message from the message folder, it also deletes it from the thread. I would love to have all my conversations with each contact as one threaded conversation. Is this even possible?
    11-06-09 07:56 PM
    SMS is not threaded unless you are using OS version 5.0.

What you are most likely seeing are the "previous items". Go to Options > SMS Text and change the number of previous items if you don't want to see the previous messages.
    11-06-09 08:11 PM
    how do I know what OS I'm using? I have a blackberry tour, purchased the end of October 2009.
    11-07-09 07:50 PM
    Go to Options > About to check. Read the third line.

If you didn't upgrade the OS on your device, then you most likely have 4.7.1.40.
    11-07-09 08:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD