I don't know if this a common thing or not. I exchanged my Blackberry today for the Titanium one and I had to change my phone number. The number was coming up as someone else. Now I have a new number a 3 times in the last few hours I had 3 text messages from unknown people inviting me out tonight. One person text me about no cover charge at a club LOL. Also, as I write this I had a unknown phone call from someone. Is this normal with the Blackberry?
    04-11-08 06:26 PM
    I think it can happen with a lot of phones, not just BB's, when you change your number. I think it might've been someone else's number?

Try calling your Service Provider.
    04-11-08 06:41 PM
    Its really not with the Blackberry, its with the provider. It seems that someone "gave up" their cell phone number, it went back into the list of available numbers, and you received it. You need to call your provider for that issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-08 06:41 PM
    Yeap definitey a carrier issue considering they're the ones that issue the numbers lol.
    04-11-08 06:42 PM
    I have this problem all the time. I agree it's with the carrier because I had the same problem with my v3x razr and my curve.

But hey think of it as a way to meet new people! ;]
    04-11-08 06:46 PM
    I'm going to be going through 4 numbers in one week. Everyone I know thinks I'm crazy.
    04-11-08 06:53 PM
    No Cover charge!!! Ha Well I don't think you are crazy but I do feel for your bad luck. Change it...it's annoying to get text from people you don't know.
    04-11-08 07:21 PM
    Ask your carrier about getting a number that had not just been turned back in.

04-12-08 10:43 AM
    LOL! This happens to me sometimes with a number I've had for years. It always makes me a laugh. I got one random text inviting me to go see a movie that I really wanted to see that my husband wasn't interested in. I was really tempted to take the stranger up on the offer...

If I were in your shoes and had just gotten the number, I'd contact my carrier and ask for a new one. You never know what the previous owner was into...
    04-12-08 01:37 PM
    I just got a spam text message last night! Ugh!

04-12-08 01:43 PM
    Today my brother sent me a picture message. It said I had to log on T-Mobile online to view it. When I logged on with the password they gave me I saw the pictures that were sent. however, there were other pictures there from the previous owner of the number. Let's just say they were pictures of half naked guys and other things. I called T-Mobile and the lady said they would change the number but i would have to pay for it. I argued with her about it and she still wouldn't do it for me. She told me that sometimes I just have to pay for stuff instead of arguing over it. I hunged up and called back to cancel my contract and got another rep who was really cool. he changed the number for free. Not only is this number better now but it's easier for me to remember. now everyone thinks I have a problem for going through 5 numbers within a week.
    04-12-08 01:48 PM
    Good move... I would have just told them you were going to sue them for not having deleted the pics you were "forced" to see. =) That would have moved them quickly. =)
    04-12-08 03:26 PM
    yeah, it's great when your still on your trial. You can get them to almost do anything for you. However, I do think I had a good reason to have my number changed. As far as those pictures go, they should have been deleted before the number was given to someone else.
    04-12-08 04:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD