ok I am new to the blackberry thing and also new to this site and so far I have found the answers I needed but here is my question when I get an e-mail I also get a text message saying I got the e-mail is thier anyway to stop both notifications? its not a big issue but it irratates me oh by the way i have a pearl 8130
    Last edited by buckwheat30us; 03-25-09 at 03:54 PM.
    03-25-09 03:49 PM
    Your actually get a text message? Are you sure your not just seeing the email in the "email folder" and in the "messages" folder? The messages folder will always show every type of message whether it be text mms or email. You can separate your email and text by going to messages/options/general options. Once there scroll to sms and email inboxes and change it to separate. Save that and you will have a different folder for your sms/mms. I do this then hide me messages folder so it looks like everything only goes one place. Welcome to CB.
    03-25-09 03:59 PM
    Also, do you have some, used to, have some kind of notification on your old phone when you received an email. It's just a thought I had that on my Chocolate then I switched to the BB. I had to disable that because I didn't need it !

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 04:41 PM
    Oh yea.....good point Yessee.
    03-25-09 04:47 PM
    Thanx rlp32 for walking through that step, I 've been trying to figure that out myself.
    03-25-09 04:52 PM
    Your welcome bb craze.
    03-25-09 05:01 PM
    thanx that info helps
    03-28-09 04:03 PM
    I am a new Blackberry user (Bold) and have a problem setting a notification tone when a new BB text arrives. Can anybody help? Thanks
    03-28-09 04:25 PM
    I am a new Blackberry user (Bold) and have a problem setting a notification tone when a new BB text arrives. Can anybody help? Thanks
    Do you get any kind of "notication" ? Vibrate ? Ring ?

You should be able to switch that under Profiles -Andvanced Setting - SMS Text

(Assuming the Bolds options are the same as Curve)

03-28-09 04:28 PM
    Go to Profiles>>Advanced>>'Active' Profile. From there, you can change every option you want!

03-28-09 04:29 PM
    Thanks - I have set the tone notification and await a message from daughter to see if it works. Another really dumb question - When i send a BB text does the "R" at the beginning of the text mean reply and "D" mean delivered??

Thanks for your prompt response to my earlier question.
    03-28-09 04:40 PM
    R Means Received
    And Yeah, D means Delivered

03-28-09 04:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD