I have been trying to find a website that provides FREE text message alerts for sports updates and stumbled upon 4info.net
    It's a pretty cool site that will send you free text message alerts based on criteria that you specify on their webpage. You can choose from a wide variety of items including all major sports, news feeds, stock ticker, weather, horoscopes and even custom alerts such as reminders or birthdays.
    the only thing that I don't like is that it doesn't tell me who scored the goal and who got the assists. (Like all good Canadian boys I have them send me NHL score updates!)
    Anyways just thought that some other crackberries might like this service, if you know of another free site that provides this service let me know, I am always looking for the next great thing.
    11-24-07 11:14 PM
    Hmmm, I really don't need ALLLL that info pumped to me in a txt message but if sports is your thing, you can sign up for the ESPN mobile site (launcher can downloaded at mobile.blackberry.com) as well as use TSN's mobile site and their alerts via text
    11-25-07 01:22 AM
    Espn, tsn, cbs, nhl all charge for their text message service. 4info.net is free.
    11-25-07 05:57 PM
    im pretty sure msn.com will alert you for free...they have sports etc...

-db
    11-25-07 06:57 PM
    yup, i use espn.. they send me 1/2 time & final alerts to the teams i want (duke).
    11-25-07 07:00 PM
    Thx. It seems cool enough to check out.
    11-25-07 07:20 PM
    Verizon has free text alerts for EVERYTHING! You only pay for the text message. I'm sure all carriers offer this. I know on VZW you go to vtext.com and sign up.

When I first found out, I got all excited and signed up for every team I liked, my horoscope, the weather, bla, bla bla......

It got REALLY annoying.
    11-28-07 12:13 AM
    I use a site called TxtVox.com. This site provides free text alerts for just about everything and it is 100% free (sports scores, stock alerts, weather alerts, traffic, jokes, scriptures, etc). I love my daily alerts!
    10-14-08 10:32 AM
    When I used Verizon I had espn.com text me the info that I wanted (Leafs games updates, certainly including who scored and preferably the assists as well) but since I'm with Telus I can't find such a service. If anyone knows of one please post here.
    11-10-10 09:05 PM
    Score Mobile suits my needs just fine......as well as Twitter feeds from local teams like the Celtics and Patriots.....
    11-11-10 08:32 AM
    As the above said, score mobile works awesome. It has every sport, and some I never even thought would be on there. I don't use it anymore as I just pay attention to CFL but when I did have it, it was really good.
    11-11-10 09:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD