Is it possible that after a messenger update, a text from my blackberry to someone's phone could be completely mixed up with someone else's in the process?
    03-05-12 01:43 PM
    Are you talking about messenger (like MSN, Yahoo) versus SMS? I'm not sure if that is possible; but I don't use messenger on my phone often enough to know. But they're two separate functions - messenger and SMS - so I don't know if they'd be interconnected like that. There might've been a bit of a lag due to the messenger update and then an SMS going out; but I still don't know. Is the issue still occurring? Maybe uninstall and re-install messenger?
    03-05-12 01:48 PM
    SMS. I texted someone something and they received a completely different text at the exact same time, but saying it was from me.
    03-05-12 01:51 PM
    Hmm. If that ever happens again, contact your carrier. The different text your friend got - was it a text you had written at some point to someone else that they received; or had you never written it before? If you're concerned, you could go to your carrier's store and ask why it happened; or sent a direct message to @blackberryhelp on Twitter.
    03-05-12 02:03 PM
    I've never once written it before and had no relation to what it had in it.
    03-05-12 02:23 PM
    Okay, I'd send a tweet message or go into your carrier's store. Good luck!
    03-05-12 02:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD