Hey I just got a blackberry curve yesterday thru at&t and when sprint or virgin customers text me it calls me thinking my phone is a landline. the only way around this is to have them just email me which is fine but its still annoying. Is there a way to make this stop happening?
    06-29-08 03:33 AM
    I had that happened several years ago when I was with a small local carrier. The csr never told me what they did, but it was fixed by her on her pc.

You should try sending the service books to see if that corrects it: Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table, menu key, Register Now.

If the service books do not correct it, it may be that AT&T does not have your BB provisioned correctly, so you will need to contact them and have them check that.

If they claim that the provisioning is ok, you will probably need to have one person from each of the other carriers contact their customer support and let them know that they have a "SMS Disconnect" issue with your number.
    06-29-08 08:53 AM
    Another thing to try is txting them once and see if they can respond. And if that clears it up you're home free. Otherwise, unfortunately, I think you'll have to get some calls in like Tyroni suggests.
    06-29-08 09:00 AM
    I had that happened several years ago when I was with a small local carrier. The csr never told me what they did, but it was fixed by her on her pc.

You should try sending the service books to see if that corrects it: Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table, menu key, Register Now.

If the service books do not correct it, it may be that AT&T does not have your BB provisioned correctly, so you will need to contact them and have them check that.

If they claim that the provisioning is ok, you will probably need to have one person from each of the other carriers contact their customer support and let them know that they have a "SMS Disconnect" issue with your number.
    now that i just did that i cannot text anybody
    06-29-08 10:24 AM
    cancel that i just couldn't text for like 2 min
    06-29-08 10:24 AM
    now when someone from sprint trys to text me it just wont let them at all. weird
    06-29-08 10:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD