Ok people. I have the Tether app. I have a laptop that will connect to it just fine via USB.

But for goodness sake I cannot connect via bluetooth to save my life. I am running Windows 7. Anyone have any luck tethering with the actual Tether app via bluetooth, and care to share??
    07-21-10 08:08 AM
    On the Mac the process is simple. Make the Bluetooth connection to the laptop and then start Tether on both the phone and the laptop. I presume the process should not be very different on a PC.

My early mistake was not starting Tether on the phone before starting the same app on the computer but once both were going the process was smooth as silk. Maybe someone will come along with PC information if this is wrong. Good luck
    07-21-10 08:47 AM
    Ok people. I have the Tether app. I have a laptop that will connect to it just fine via USB.

But for goodness sake I cannot connect via bluetooth to save my life. I am running Windows 7. Anyone have any luck tethering with the actual Tether app via bluetooth, and care to share??
    The problem may be that you do not have the correct bluetooth driver to use with the blackberry. Check this out:How to set up Bluetooth connectivity between a BlackBerry smartphone and BlackBerry Desktop Manager
    07-21-10 10:04 AM
    Windows 7 doesn't play nicely with the BlackBerry drivers.

After pairing the device, open Device Manager. You'll see about four Unknown Devices. One by one, right click -- > update driver -- > select from list --> Ports --> Research in Motion --> <the latest blackberry serial port driver version listed>.
    07-21-10 12:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD