Ihave Verizon.

If I connect my Storm 2 to my computer and use Blackberry Desktop Manager to tether, will I need to have a tethering plan with Verizon?
    09-23-10 10:17 AM
    Most carrier's Terms of Sevice definitions say that tethering is not allowed unless you have a tethering plan.
    While Tethering will generally work without a tethering plan, a carrier can charge you $$ if they find you tethering, or even cancel your service if they were so moved.
    09-23-10 01:02 PM
    Most carrier's Terms of Sevice definitions say that tethering is not allowed unless you have a tethering plan.
    While Tethering will generally work without a tethering plan, a carrier can charge you $$ if they find you tethering, or even cancel your service if they were so moved.
    I would also be careful because if they cancel your service you may still be holding the bag for the early termination fee because i believe the contract states that that is the case if you violate the terms and conditions.

Your two main options for tethering would seem to be to either use the tether program or give verizon their money and eliminate the risk altogether.
    09-23-10 01:14 PM
    I would also be careful because if they cancel your service you may still be holding the bag for the early termination fee because i believe the contract states that that is the case if you violate the terms and conditions.

Your two main options for tethering would seem to be to either use the tether program or give verizon their money and eliminate the risk altogether.
    Using Tether for Blackberry or PDA net could still bring on the ETF and the cancellation of the contract.

in this case Tethering + T-mobile = Win.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-10 01:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD