Sooooo I was really confused concerning tethering. I read up about it and the only question I have is will sprint PCS charge me for doing this? Is there a way around it so they don't if they do charge??? And what are programs that I don't have to pay for? The most important thing is will my service provider sprint PCS charge me for tethering. Thank you!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-10 08:10 PM
    Sooooo I was really confused concerning tethering. I read up about it and the only question I have is will sprint PCS charge me for doing this? Is there a way around it so they don't if they do charge??? And what are programs that I don't have to pay for? The most important thing is will my service provider sprint PCS charge me for tethering. Thank you!

If you plug your Blackberry straight to the pc and use DM to tether then yes. Sprint will charge you and it actually gets pretty expensive.

There are no free tether applications that I know off currently. All of them costs something. I use Tether and its amazing and haven't been charged by my carrier yet
    11-25-10 08:20 PM
    Okay so if I have a unlimited data plan they will still charge me? And what is one of the better tether programs??? Like pros and cons? I'm looking for something cheap... Lol. The only thing I'm afraid of is getting a 1000 dollar bill! That's why I haven't even tried...

11-25-10 08:55 PM
    Okay so if I have a unlimited data plan they will still charge me? And what is one of the better tether programs??? Like pros and cons? I'm looking for something cheap... Lol. The only thing I'm afraid of is getting a 1000 dollar bill! That's why I haven't even tried...

I've only used Tether and currently beta testing another.

Tether seems to work for most people but I would go look online for reviews and see if Sprint has caught people using it before. I know some carriers have caught their customer and ends up badly with large bills. Tether retails for $50 but on certain times with Crackberry Store they have Deal of the Day and Tether becomes $25 if thats the deal for the day.

Fixmo is currently beta testing a tethering app and it works great but not currently out for public retail as of yet. I have no issues with either ones.
    11-25-10 08:58 PM
    Okay sounds good. I'll do a little research and post it on here! Hopefully they won't charge me! Lol.

11-25-10 09:00 PM
    Good luck hoped this helped
    11-25-10 09:03 PM
    Yeah it did. I just to find more info before trying it out.

11-25-10 09:04 PM
    I am a sprint employee and recommend Tether for Blackberry to all my customers. It often goes on sale so wait a while and watch for it. I am not on an employee plan and have used dm to tether and haven't been charged for it but I was only on it for like 10 minutes. I suggest waiting until about five days before your cycle ends and using it for like half an hour and see if it hits your bill. If it does call them and say you didn't mean to and they usually take it off. Just do casual browsing though don't download anything. Google like trees and look at like 3 pages.

11-25-10 09:14 PM
    Okay well I'm going to check it out. I really just can afford a bill like that! And either way it would be just for email while I'm out working so that I don't have to spend an additional 50 dollars a month. And I think its a really cool thing to show off and do in front of my friends that don't know how to do it. So ima wait maybe there will be a sale tomorrow! You never know, tomorrow is black Friday!

11-25-10 09:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD