Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has figured out how to use the BB as a modem without your carrier being able to detect you are using it as such?

I tried searching the boards and the web but couldn't come up with anything.

And to clarify, I am not talking about conventional tethering. If I use the conventional method I will get charged by my carrier.

It would probably be accomplished through some sort of proxy/firewall program installed on the BB that routes all the computer data directly through the BB TCP stack.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-08 10:28 AM
    There are quite a number of posts on this topic.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...y-modem-19093/
    08-03-08 10:38 AM
    Thanks for the reply. But as I stated, I am not looking for the normal tethering method, as carriers know you are using it that way.

08-03-08 10:53 AM
    Thanks for the reply. But as I stated, I am not looking for the normal tethering method, as carriers know you are using it that way.

So you are trying to cheat the system and have users to pay for tethering to recup the cost of people who steal it.

Naw, I don't know how to "steal" tethering services from Telus.
    08-03-08 10:58 AM
    So you are trying to cheat the system and have users to pay for tethering to recup the cost of people who steal it.

Naw, I don't know how to "steal" tethering services from Telus.
    If you're not going to be helpful, go away.

08-03-08 11:05 AM
    T-Mobile doesn't charge an additional fee, so I can use the conventional route. Good luck!
    08-03-08 11:20 AM
    I would like to know this too. I have att and don't feel like paying $60 a month for it.

08-03-08 12:13 PM
    If you're not going to be helpful, go away.

I think you need to re-read the rules of posting in this forum.

Keep it Legal
    No posting of Warez in the forums, such as links to download warez, instructions on "cracking" software, or "workarounds" that enable people to utilize for-pay services without paying. Posting this kind of content can result in an immediate and permanent ban. These kinds of activities can get CrackBerry.com in trouble, and nobody wants that, so just don't do it.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f39/pos...uidelines-113/
    08-03-08 02:15 PM
    I think you need to re-read the rules of posting in this forum.

Keep it Legal
    No posting of Warez in the forums, such as links to download warez, instructions on "cracking" software, or "workarounds" that enable people to utilize for-pay services without paying. Posting this kind of content can result in an immediate and permanent ban. These kinds of activities can get CrackBerry.com in trouble, and nobody wants that, so just don't do it.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f39/pos...uidelines-113/
    Wow,

Thank you SOOOO much for your help!

I feel exceptionally humbled by the awesome example you are setting for the community.

Maybe if you're REALLY lucky someone will leave something on your pillow.

*dripping with sarcasm*
    08-03-08 05:58 PM
    Please do not ask for illegal things on this site. Thanks. Maybe you should re-fresh your self on the forum rules...

Thanks,

Click
    08-03-08 06:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD