I've been an avid iPhone user for a while now, but as the gap has gotten closer and closer between the iPod touches and the iPhone, my loyalty has wavered. I decided to take the plunge and test out my father's old BB 8300 for a week, and I loved it. I liked the notification light (any iPhone user will agree), BBM was great, messaging was fantastic, and being constantly connected was nice. For the amount of money I could get by selling my unlocked iPhone 3GS, I could buy a nice new Bold and iPod touch.

However, the business I work for has Exchange, but not BES. As far as I know, I have to use BB Redirector on a computer to get my mail, and appointments and stuff don't come over unless I sync constantly.

So I have several questions:

1. Are there any other options for Exchange? It's literally the only thing holding me back. I want full Exchange capabilities and I think it's crap that RIM won't allow single users to use it with their small businesses.

2. Would I be fine getting a Bold, or should I wait for the Onyx/new Bold? When does that come out? I preferred the smaller Curve vs. the seemingly larger Bold, fyi.

3. Has anyone done the same thing as me?

It just seems that the iPhone is taking too long getting their actual phone functionality working correctly, and it's killing me.

Please let me know what you guys think.
    09-09-09 03:45 PM
    Let's help this guy! I'm not too much of a help, but I would wait for the onyx because its a little smaller like you like. Sorry I can't help with the other stuff!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-09 04:24 PM
    From looking around, the Onyx looks like it's coming out pretty soon.

My only question then would be how I could get hooked up with ActiveSync on Exchange. Without calendar invites, push email and the like, I can't operate in my business.
    09-09-09 04:38 PM
    Now, let me preface this by saying I have no first-hand knowledge of these products, so I'm sure the CrackBerry gurus who are truly in the know could provide you more details and even more options, but in an effort to be helpful, I did some digging and discovered a few ActiveSync alternatives for BB...

1) AstraSync
    2) NotifySync
    3) GoogleSync

Just some ideas to point you in a positive direction. There are solutions out there! So come...join CrackBerry Nation!
    09-09-09 05:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD