Use Slingplayer and watch replays of close plays at the hockey game. It's fun to be the first to know in the stands if it hit the post or not.

Posted via CB10
    AYC2112 likes this.
    05-30-14 09:58 AM
    One feature that is really important is the flicking in the keyboard, someone mentioned it before... but I love how it remembers what you write often, someone had mentioned it remembers a whole line when he finishes writing an email... For me I have 3 languages added (French, English, Spanish) and I also write in creole which is not currently an option but by now the phone remembers so many words (without adding in dictionary) that by now it's like I have a 4th language... sometimes it even corrects a gibberish to the word in creole (showing red)...
    David in Durham and gruv4u like this.
    05-30-14 10:01 AM
    I like your Bluetooth pairing with mouse and keyboard to maximize my Z10. One of the other tools I find valuable is WebSplitter, to allow viewing two Web pages at once. There's not much you can't do from Z10.
    raw_dog and gruv4u like this.
    05-30-14 10:43 AM
    If you have opened several panels that have a back button (so-called navigation panes), pressing and sliding that back button to the right side will bring you back to the first screen. For instance, if you go the albums view in the pictures app, open an album and then a picture, you can go immediately back to the albums view without having to go back to the album you opened.

BlackBerry 10 has the world fastest HTML 5 browser.

HTML5test - How well does your browser support HTML5?
    I’m sorry, but this test doesn’t measure speed, it just measures support of and compliance with HTML5 specifications.
    gruv4u likes this.
    05-30-14 10:58 AM
    With apps like Blue TouchPad you can use your BlackBerry 10 device like a generic Bluetooth mouse and keyboard without installing any software on your computer. This is the reverse of what Kevin did.
    axllebeer, gruv4u and Junky228 like this.
    05-30-14 11:13 AM
    Guy and.. yes I use my z10 to the fullest. Will be getting my z30 next month as part of the company upgrade.. so I'm really going to be taking advantage of USB on the go and Miracast for travelling and at home to really get things done

Posted via CB10
    Had the z10, now the z30. Your gonna love it. Glad to see someone else knows and understands what BB10 is all about. Laptop collects dust for the most part.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-14 11:56 AM
    Kevin......more threads like this one! Very useful to all! Keep the trolls out of these helpful threads!

Posted via CB10
    DesRee and gruv4u like this.
    05-30-14 11:58 AM
    Just got the z10 this week and so far I've been really enjoying it!

Here are the features that really stood out for me:

*Instead of relying on the back button, you can swipe left to right anywhere on the screen
    *Streaming media from pc via file manager via wifi, file manager is legacy OS good but on steroids!

-Keyboard Features:
    *Legacy shortcuts in virtual keyboard in browser
    *Tap-hold-release for shift and ?123 keys

-Hub Features:
    *Pinch straight to unread in hub
    *Pull down to view upcoming events

-PlayBook style Features:
    *Reader mode in browser
    *Pull up the keyboard anywhere via 2 finger swipe up
    *Peek at messages & notification bar via 1 finger swipe up and hold
    *** I wish bb would bring back side bezel app switching somehow, maybe 2 finger side swipe???***

Overall, it's just easier and a real joy to 'do stuff' on a blackberry: tap or swipe down to pull quick settings, links calendars & contacts flawlessly, multitasking, instant previews, inline cursor tap left/right instead of just tap & drag, navigate home screens via icon scrolling, and of course the spark!

Posted via CB10
    Mr_F and gruv4u like this.
    05-30-14 12:27 PM
    Bluetooth connect mouse, keyboard and use the HDMI to connect to a monitor or projector to run presentations. It makes my coworkers so sick! I really have a computer that I make calls from. Next week I'm going to try to get a pointer to work for even more functionality. Of course this is all done from my Z30.

Posted with a drop of Awesome Sauce!!!
    Playbook007 and gruv4u like this.
    05-30-14 12:30 PM
    Kevin, what USB OTG cable do you use? I've asked at The Source, but they were clueless.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-14 12:38 PM
    Not exclusive to BB10, but BBM Groups are really useful to follow-up with projects or events. It's like a project room in itself. I don't see a lot of people using that for real stuff.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.296
    BBM Groups is essential for our family. We are on it to be connected privately among ourselves. We are using it to share/update recipes, events, grocery list (use category for where so we can sort the items)

? CB10 ?
    05-30-14 12:53 PM
    I always thought screen sharing over BBM was fairly unique to Blackberry and not something people would know about unless they tried it.
    raw_dog likes this.
    05-30-14 12:55 PM
    This seems like a very sticky-worthy thread.
    Junky228 likes this.
    05-30-14 01:07 PM
    Bridge feature with PlayBook allowing the phone to act as a trackpad.
    axllebeer and SJBBDK like this.
    05-30-14 01:32 PM
    - Miracast.

- On the Q10, when writing/editing text, you can hold down the left shift key and swipe anywhere on the screen to select text just like you would with a trackpad.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30 via Tapatalk
    Junky228 likes this.
    05-30-14 02:25 PM
    ...you can also text.
    05-30-14 03:28 PM
    OK but seriously,

Hey what do you mean tapping the date line in the hub marks all as read?
    Never mind. I got it. Thanks for the tip
    wait, I didn't get it.. I've tried it multiple places, how do you get this to work?
    DesRee likes this.
    05-30-14 04:37 PM
    If you have a smart TV That is connected to your home network you can use your z10 q10 z30 to do this .
    send info thru your home network thru your wifi. Most smart tv's have DNLA not all do but worth a try

Your phone must also be connected to your wifi
    Open your pictures app , choose a picture
    Click on more bottom right
    select "play on "
    You will get a message that HDMI is not connected. But it will search for connection devices
    this will try and find your smart TV connected to your wifi

If it finds it you will be prompted by your TV To allow your BlackBerry and will play the picture or video on your big TV

Pretty cool no wires required

Note : does not work on every smart TV

Posted via CB10
    If it doesn't work on every smart TV then the TV isn't smart enough, LOL! Haha anyway, Yeap I'm subscribing to this thread!

Posted via CB10
    ATMJOE likes this.
    05-30-14 04:45 PM
    You have to hold your finger on the Date Line, in the HUB, for a couple seconds. After that you get the following options: Next, To Top, To Bottom, Mark Prior Read, Delete Prior

Mark Prior Read selects everything in HUB (from what I can tell) and marks them as read.
    jope28, DesRee and adeleilori like this.
    05-30-14 04:59 PM
    Great replies. I don't know if mine are necessarily unique to BlackBerry but these are the features I use on a regular basis that have made my group of former BlackBerry owning friends stand up and take notice...

1. HDMI output: My job regularly keeps me on the road and while I haven't come across any hotels featuring smart tvs, almost all of them now feature high def tvs. The ability to watch a movie, play a game or listen to music using the tv is great.

1a. Unfortunately I still don't think it's available in every country but the new BlackBerry World is night and day different from the old one now that you can download movies and songs. The occasional deep discount sales on movies are some of the best bargains I've ever seen. $2 for a new release movie that you can watch on your tv? That can't be beat!!

2. Story Maker / BlackBerry Express - one is baked into the OS and the other most definitely should be. The ability to make presentations on the go and then use either HDMI or streaming to show them off is an incredible tool. IMO these 2 apps are some of the most under-marketed BB10 productivity tools. I have one friend who is a sales rep and one who is a real estate agent. Both were shocked when I showed them these features were available on a Blackberry and both came up with innovative reasons to use the apps that I had never even considered.

3. Turn by turn directions on BlackBerry Maps - yes the maps app has some issues and it's definitely not the prettiest one out there, but the turn by turn directions are great! I did a recent work trip to the UK and arrived with several colleagues. When we went to pick up our rental cars my colleagues were discussing the various iOS apps they had come across to use for navigation and were making fun of another colleague who paid extra to rent a Tom-Tom GPS. I asked them all: You mean you can't just use the turn by turn on your phone?? They looked at me like I was from Mars.

4. BBM screen share/video chat - the video chat thing doesn�t seem to turn many heads (you mean like facetime/skype? is the common response I get) but the screen share is incredible and always wows. Long distance sharing of information, presentations etc by manipulating what's displayed on your screen is an incredible tool for time management, clarity and productivity. I hope this feature goes cross platform soon as I think this is one of the keys to making BBM the corporate messaging king once more. Like Story Maker and Express, this is also one of the most under rated and unused BlackBerry 10 productivity tools.

5. The learning keyboard and the flick typing. Agreed on this. I too send multiple emails with similar themes and the fact that the keyboard has leaned and I can flick type entries sentences is great. I really hope another touch screen is in the works cuz this is one feature that power users will come to fall in love with.
    lynxs_claw likes this.
    05-30-14 06:35 PM
    There is something I use a lot and not to many talk about it and has served me well, accessing remotely my PC files through the phone File Manager using Link.
    ATMJOE likes this.
    05-30-14 08:13 PM
    There's an android app for that exactly, in Snap. It's called Key Ring.
    https://www.keyringapp.com/
    Cool, but who needs an app

Admittedly I will probably not always want to keep the photos, keep them in full resolution or keep them in that location so the right app could be handy.

Posted via CB10
    ATMJOE likes this.
    05-30-14 10:02 PM
    Anyone know how to do remote file access through file manager but using a Mac laptop instead of a PC. Is this another one of those unnecessary restrictions Apple has on their systems that this only works with PCs. I'd love to be able to access my computer documents from afar.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-14 11:34 PM
    It's just a setting within BlackBerry Link. It's a little check box in the settings. Look around and you should be able to find it. I'm running Windows 7 and 8.1 on 2 different machines. Works great on both.

Posted from my CB via the power of "Q"
    05-31-14 12:12 AM
    -
    - On the Q10, when writing/editing text, you can hold down the left shift key and swipe anywhere on the screen to select text just like you would with a trackpad.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30 via Tapatalk

Wow! I didn't know that. Works great!

Posted from my CB via the power of "Q"
    05-31-14 12:13 AM
144 12345 ...