12-05-08 05:44 PM
- I purchased a blackberry pearl from Telus full price in January after only being 3mths into my 3yr contract. For all intents and purposes, the phone served me quite well until coming beginning of October when the phone started showing a constant being signal not enabling me to access regular functions on the phone, the phone was then exchanged for a refurbished one by the telus store i purchased it from...almost 2months after having that initial exchange, I had to be exchanged for another refurbished phone because it would power off on its own, and completely reset the memory, 2days after getting the replacement Telus had to put in an order for ANOTHER replacement because the one they gave me the mediacard slot doesnt even work, it was not even registering my mediacard.
In short, in 2mths I have had 3 exchanges of my blackberry pearl, and in less than one year I wouldve had 4 blackberry pearls. As you imagine at this point, I am wary of the blackberry pearl and just want a new phone...probably a curve. I had to pull teeth to get a $400 after one woman in RETENTION basically told me go ahead and switch companies...and I was told I could only be offered $400 because I am out of warranty. I called back in because I am very much still in my warranty period then the young man said to me that Telus is a business and is about making money and not giving out free phones, he also told me $400 is a free blackberry and I could get a free blackberry with that. I had to educate him that the cheapest blackberry is the pearl at $499. He then again harped at me that Telus is about making money not giving people free phones despite having defects. I then spoke to retention, a man who claimed he was a manager after the fact told me he could do nothing but give me discounts to service not to the phone and I would recoup the difference paid in the discount and phone price in about a year! I explained to him I had no issue paying my bill but I do have an issue having to spend $150 + accessories and tax to get a new phone that actually works.
Does anyone have any suggestions? Or any success stories with Telus in situations like this? I just really need some idea of what to do here.11-29-08 03:32 PM
- Well with my Telus Pearl i've had 0 problems and i'm still using the original since March 2008. Telus customer service has always been decent to me. Are you still using a Pearl now? I would think by your 4th Pearl they would let you switch to a Curve (8330). What issues are you currently having?
FYI...try posting in the Telus forum too, for more Telus customers to respond.11-29-08 07:25 PM
- I have a curve with telus and haven't had any issues really with their CS. I do know that Telus loyalty and retention people tend to credit services more so than to give discounts on phones, but in all honesty $400 dollars isn't that bad of a deal in my opinion. Take that and take the credits you could get for services and I'd say it would be well worth it to pay the $150 for the curve11-29-08 10:42 PM
- The Curve is well worth 150.00
Trust me, you DON'T want to go to robbers... err I mean Rogers! I came from there a couple years ago (switched to rogers from Telus before) Regretted it! Rogers customer service is non existent! You think you had a hard time with Telus CS... and they are excellent!
I can see their point I guess too... 4 phones in a year that have issues... 4 phones in a row would make me a bit leery too. You must have broken a few mirrors in the past to have that much bad luck. But all joking aside, I'd go with another pearl for free (and ask to try it out in the store to be sure it works ok) or pay the 150.00 for the curve. The curve is more expensive than the pearl anyway, so I doubt they would give it to you without charging you the extra. 150 really is a good price to upgrade... thats what the new contract price is isn't it?11-29-08 10:51 PM
- I have had no satisfaction from Telus as far as replacement phones go. I payed (foolish)for extra insurance and it does Zero for you. Rebuilts that are worse than my original phone. I like my Pearl but will never sign a contract with Telus again.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com11-29-08 11:17 PM
- Well, this is why I am so disappointed. I have had no issues with Telus up until this point.
I think what irritates me the most is when customer care agents tell me that Telus is in the business of making money and not giving out phones. When people tell me they cannot help me cause my contract is not worth enough money to them, it just makes me feel really worthless as a customer. I know most businesses come down to the almighty dollar, but most of them have the decency not to make comments like that to thier customers, and at least pretend like customer service is a priority.11-30-08 05:58 PM
- Were they willing to give you another pearl?
I think the point was that they don't want to give you a Curve when you only bought a pearl in the first place... since the curve is a more expensive phone and if you'd bought the curve in the first place you would have paid more. That 150.00 is the difference. I can see why they wouldn't want to give away more expensive phones to people who bought a cheaper one to begin with. That's what they were likely talking about by 'making money' in other words, if they went around giving people more expensive products than what they paid for, telus would not make any money.
Now, if they refused to replace the latest Pearl, then I would be mad too if I were you.
Still... 150.00 for the difference between a pearl and a curve is a good deal! I'd go for that!11-30-08 06:27 PM
- well, i can understand that logic. Thats why I feel the discount should at least be the value of pearl. I don't mind paying the difference between the value of the pearl, and the value of the curve. But to give me a discount less the the phone I actually bought somehow doesnt seem completely fair to me.11-30-08 10:22 PM
- Well just a quick update. I sent an email via the telus website about my issue, and received a quick response that said I would be receiving a call within 72hrs. I received the call today, and to my satisfaction was given the $500 discount (the value of the pearl), and a $50 credit towards my bill. So to get my curve I just have to pay $50. I am very greatful for this response and I now have a restored faith in Telus.12-02-08 11:37 PM
- Well I can feel your pain I been there done that and am sitting there now with them on this. I don't understand why they give that we are here to make money crap! if the storm wasn't coming to Telus they could shove this up there you know what and I would go with someone else. The don't help when the phones are crap and still make you sign a 3yr contract so you are stuck with them!! this topic always makes me so mad lol!! good luck with the curve12-03-08 12:44 AM
- Just an update. I got the crimson curve instore as promised for $50. The guy in the store was even nice enough to point out to me that I have 14days to return the phone - in case I hear anything about the storms release and he would hook me up with it on the 3yr pricing (since the lady from Telus who called me offered me promotional pricing on all the phones they had available at the time). I think I may wait a while on the storm though.12-05-08 05:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD