Chad do you have unlimited internet? I only have the Telus thing that came on my pearl. but I dont pay any extra fees. where did you go to get the google GPS? I'd like to get that as well, please. if you can't post the link because you are new send it to me by PM!

thanks
    11-28-08 11:27 PM
    So I wouldn't use the link it causes an error with the BB and I think that Telus flaged the link... My guess. The easiest way to find the program and download it. Is to use Google and search for:

"Google Maps for Blackberry"

Use the first link that comes up. I used the browser on the BB rather than my PC. It installed fine... No problems, but haven't been able to get the GPS to work!! And before anyone asks... I'm outside not inside

Chad
    11-29-08 12:33 PM
    i just got the pearl and i was wondering if it costs more to use the gps with the blackberry maps?
    12-01-08 10:23 AM
    Hmm the only way I can get my bbmaps or google maps to work is to run telus navigator first, which instantly gets a signal, then I switch to google maps and gives me my location within 10 meter accuracy. this only works while telus nav is running.. So my thoughts on it is that telus blocks gps access to applications other than their own app.. Only way to explain it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-08 01:01 PM
    i had the same issue with bb maps. would not work at all. after many calls to telus they admitted to blocking the gps signal for bb maps and google maps. they only allow telus navigator to connect to the blackberry gps. i was furious and spoke with customer retention, they discounted my plan $15 per month so i could download telus navigator and still recieve a $5 discount per month.
    12-15-08 06:28 PM
    Huh I got mine working with that nav4u program. Which was recomended in this thread works pretty good. When it works

12-15-08 07:02 PM
    The way I get my GPS to work in Google is annoying but once its up and running you are good to go.

Follow these steps and you should have GPS in 2-3 minutes!

1. Under 'advanced options' turn on my location
    2. Go to 'Status' type in 'test' , click to start
    3. Run GPS test
    4. Click the trackball 'Start Fixing'
    5. Once locked on close the application, open up Google maps/BB maps....whatever and you will have a lock (normally 10-20m range)

I can't take credit on this one, I found a form on here one day and forget who posted it or where I found it...but it works! So whomever figured this out, THANKS!

(I miss the days of my pearl when I would open Google in my basement and PRESTO GPS >1min

Good Luck!!
    12-25-08 01:48 PM
    I've had my 8130 since 10th April - bb maps worked for the first month & that's it! I have GPS & have set location "on", but all attempts with BB Maps give an error response "BES not enabled" or "BIS not enabled". That would seem to indicate that my email isn't set right, yet I have an IM15 acount at Telus & THAT works perfectly. I did recently upgrade my OS to 4.5 - could that be the problem? Google maps works well enough, although it goes through the process of searching for satellites & ends up in the center of a circle 1700 meters in diameter. Not much GPS functionality, is it ??!! Sounds like Telus is using the "triple-B" method; "Bull**** Baffles Brains" I use Google maps daily & have a straight IM-15 account, yet have no data charges on my bills - guess they feel quantity is better than quality!
    10-04-09 03:30 AM
    8130 GPS worked fine in any of mulitple programs....8330 only Telus Navigator would work, mind you with it active other programs work but the second I uninstall, all gps function ceases to exist. Contacted Telus support 4 months no response reescalated ticket 2 months no response, called back was told tough luck, the rep I was speaking with said hers works and that mine should PERIOD end of story....credited me the initial cost of Navigator but refused to allow me to use Navigator at no charge and said that providing Navigator free was not something that could be done, I was then transfered to a sour sounding soul named Dianne or Dianna who sounded like she as the be all to end all support or offering who essentially told me to take a hike....Telus customer 6+ years.....Now I sit with no GPS functionality...
    10-04-09 04:53 AM
    Here is what I can confirm, and I think others have realized as well.

My GPS wouldn't work. Not in BBmaps, not in Google maps, not in GPSed.

Installed Telus Navigator and initially didn't agree to their terms of service...

Still nothing worked.

Signed up for Telus navigator (free 30 day trial), suddenly all my GPS works great... in the house, everywhere.

Cancelled Telus Navigator, it says it was cancelled and I can still use it til the end of the cycle (30 days from now). So, they shouldn't charge me a dime. I just hope that it's a permanent fix and it won't magically stop working in 31 days after I don't have a navigator subscription.

Time will tell.
    01-21-10 04:29 PM
    Here is what I can confirm, and I think others have realized as well.

My GPS wouldn't work. Not in BBmaps, not in Google maps, not in GPSed.

Installed Telus Navigator and initially didn't agree to their terms of service...

Still nothing worked.

Signed up for Telus navigator (free 30 day trial), suddenly all my GPS works great... in the house, everywhere.

Cancelled Telus Navigator, it says it was cancelled and I can still use it til the end of the cycle (30 days from now). So, they shouldn't charge me a dime. I just hope that it's a permanent fix and it won't magically stop working in 31 days after I don't have a navigator subscription.

Time will tell.
    Did you read the other posts in these two threads? Once your month is up, you will lose the ability to use your GPS. What you can do is use the GPS unlock that others have mentioned to get your GPS unlocked.

Your fix is not a fix. It's just a temporary thing.
    01-21-10 07:25 PM
    GPS works fine on my Storm2. Keep in mind, if satelittes cannot be located, cell towers are used to approximate your location. Not ideal but better than my regular GPS which goes blank.
    01-26-10 05:40 PM
    For the 8330, do the gps fix detailed in this forum. Worked for me when I had the 8330.

I figured out the gps on my tour as well. See my post in that same thread...Basically by undoing the qpst fix, the gps started working (os5).

01-27-10 09:26 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD