come on seriously? when i refresh gps in options it wont find my position, and gmaps wont work, only finds my relative location through the network...
    11-19-09 06:57 PM
    Blackberry maps is working great for me. First connections might take a few mins sometimes. Try a battery pull, its the BB miracle drug..haha
    11-19-09 07:04 PM
    I actually haven't tried bb maps, as I rarely use it. But that's getting stuck on searching for satellites. And there is no gps indicator on my main screen either :/

I'm gonna try a batt pull now lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-09 07:09 PM
    nope didnt work, and bb maps doesnt work either
    11-20-09 08:58 AM
    my telus 9700's gps works alright, not as quick or accurate as a standalone gps receiver though. using cellular triangulation and wifi assistance it can quickly detect to about 20 meters, but the gps settings in the option menu will give me accurate long/lat co-ordinates using just gps satellites (it usually detects 5 or 6 sats).

it works great for location based searches (nearest coffee shop etc.), but for any serious navigating, a standalone gps receiver (like a Holux bluetooth gps puck) can't be beat in terms of speed, accuracy, or lock strength.

long story short: Telus isn't blocking gps features like they have on previous devices, so there may be an issue with your handset...also make sure you have a clear veiw of the sky and it isn't too cloudy out, weather will interfere with the signal (the gps chip isn't as powerful as the ones in car navigation systems)
    11-20-09 10:12 AM
    :/, I totally can't get a gps signal

In host routing tables one of them is bolded and the namr is: GPRS CA (302)

Could that be why?

11-20-09 01:08 PM
    Yesss!! got it fixed. Dont rly know what i did but it worked

11-20-09 06:56 PM
    You fixed it? Crap, I wonder what you did. The app I use where I notice the lack of GPS is Poynt. I have to manually enter my location to get it going.
    03-04-10 07:10 PM
    My 9700 works GPS works PERFECTLY! It will find my position on Google Maps in about 15-20 seconds, and maybe 10 seconds in BB Maps. I couldn't be happier!!!
    03-04-10 08:14 PM
    come on seriously? when i refresh gps in options it wont find my position, and gmaps wont work, only finds my relative location through the network...
    Mine only works good outside, just like any other gps unit make sure u have a clearview of the sky

Kind of sucks when ur inside and want to look up directions using my location.

03-04-10 10:40 PM
    Outside and in my car, the GPS functions work in all apps. It's weird how Poynt (and the map apps) can get a GPS lock on my 8330 when I'm inside my house but my 9700 can't.
    03-07-10 04:29 PM
    Very odd, compared to my 8900 the GPS is amazing on the 9700. Locks instantly. Even works sitting in my condo.

On the 8900 I'd wait 20 minutes and pray that it locked, which was only 50% of the time :\
    03-07-10 04:44 PM
    For some reason i like google maps better.
    03-07-10 04:49 PM
    For some reason i like google maps better.
    It IS better!!
    03-07-10 04:51 PM
    I just tried mine indoors and I got totally accurate results.
    03-07-10 05:45 PM
    mine works fine with both bb and google maps
    03-07-10 05:47 PM
    Mine works also but sometimes it takes forever, even when outside. BB's aren't the best for GPS.

03-07-10 07:38 PM
    I just tried mine indoors and I got totally accurate results.
    It all depends on how much stuff is in the way of the satellites, for example a basement with 2-3 floors is going to be difficult to get a signal, but on the top floor with only a bit of drywall and shingles in the way not so bad.

Large box stores are typically bad also due to amount of metal interference.

Google maps blows away blackberry maps in my option, love the my maps option easy to edit on computer and take to phone.

Bing is also good.

My locks right in within seconds usually, compared to my old storm would be within 1000 meters. but now on a different type of network, which makes the difference
    03-08-10 12:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD