LOL... I tend to use phones long term too.

TeleNav re-routes you too. I agree, that feature alone makes it worth it (was in DC at the time). It will flash with the accident/traffic info, and asks if you want the segment bypassed.
    03-15-09 06:04 PM
    When I walked into Verizon and said I was looking for a new phone and they looked me up, they had to dust off my data entry - I was definitely entitled to a new "two" year upgrade - I, also, keep them long term.

Verizon's Navigator shows "traffic delay" times but I don't know if it re-routes - in Seattle, sometimes there are no alternates. I will say that my BB is slower re-routing than my tomtom which has everything internal and does not have to "call home" (in other words, data back and forth) as it processes routing.
    03-15-09 07:21 PM
    I use telenav a lot. it's a very good navigation system. traffic updated, directions updated depending. on traffic. and it's included with my sprint everything plan. i'd recommend it.
    03-16-09 02:18 PM
    telenav is cool but i use it when im on my bicycle and it sent me in huge circles. well both in the car and riding. im guessing just bad or mess up gps =( ill try garmin soon
    03-22-09 02:03 AM
    I have used Garmin on my BB for sometime� the maps served up by Garmin were fantastic. I was able to make out the road ahead with accuracy based on the images Garmin presented. If I didn't have a Garmin Nav system, I'd get the Garmin Mobile for my phone. For me it works just as good as the Garmin GPS � Nuvi 660.
    05-06-09 12:36 AM
    I have both and prefer the Garmin now. Telenav is nice how it dims the screen and will alert you by saying there's traffic ahead but I don't care for the lack of road names it has sometimes. It will say, turn left on road in .2 miles
    No name, just road. Other times it would route me on local or truck lanes instead of express on a highway.

But Garmin has its quirks too. It will tell you to turn left on a highway if it splits or has a sharp curve in it.
    05-06-09 11:01 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD