Don't know what happened here because my 8330 didn't used to do this. I keep the days I work on my calendar and on everyday I have two of the same work appointments. The appointment details are as follows:

Send using: *****@***.com (this is the one I DON'T want on my calendar)
    In the middle of the screen it says: Adjacent to appointments on these calendars: ****@gmail.com (this is the only one I want on my calendar)

I want to keep everything through my gmail. I sync my calendar to gmail not to the .com address. I don't know why it showed up all of the sudden. Any ideas??

Thanks,
    Travis
    06-26-09 04:15 PM
    A new calendar is created every time you add a new email address. The extra addresses create extra calendar entries. To delete these:

***Backup phone before making any changes***

- From the main screen, hit the BB button.
    - Go to Options
    - Go to Advanced Options
    - Go to Service Book
    - Find your email address (for the calendar you want to delete). There should be two listings [email protected][CMIME] and [email protected][CICAL]. The CICAL one is the calendar. Simply scroll over this one (the CICAL) and hit the BB button. Click delete. Voila! If you delete all calendars, you will have just one default calendar, or you can just delete all but the one that you consider to be your primary email entry.

Just make sure you don't delete the CMIME ones, as these are the actualy email books.
    06-26-09 06:01 PM
    Thanks grey for the easy-to-follow instructions and explanation! I'll give this a try.
    06-27-09 10:33 AM
    Thanks for your help, I've deleted all my CICAL entries except the one I want as default. Now however, I still have two of the same calendar entries for my work schedule. It now says Send Using: Device Default and lower down says Adjacent to appointments on these calendars: ****@gmail.com (which if you remember is the ONLY I want to show up on my cal. I don't know what the Device Default is. If I erase all the CICAL entries except the gmail one, I thought that was supposed to make it the default?

I feel like we almost have this solved, but I just need a bit more help.

Thanks!
    Travis
    06-27-09 12:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD