This is a general comment to those who are more tech advanced than I. Smartphones today can do almost everything, and technology changes practically overnight. The problem that I see though, is that the battery life/technology has not kept up with the devices. I'm not saying I am looking to charge my phone once a month, but where are the advances in batteries???
    01-09-09 07:26 PM
    01-09-09 07:31 PM
    I agree, but my question is really an inquiry into whether or not people are aware of research into significant battery advances in the near future. We shouldn't have to get bigger batteries. This is 2009! They should be making smaller batteries with more power. If you can make a Mars Landrover w a battery that lasts 5+ years, can't you make me a tiny battery to power my phone for a few days of moderate use? put a solar panel on it (kidding), have it charge from the heat of my body... I just hate going away for a weekend and having to bring a power cord.
    01-09-09 07:46 PM
    The more powerful the processor the more juice it needs, not to mention all those extras that smart phones come jam packed with. Price also factors in as well, etc. I wish it would last longer too but to be perfectly honest the battery life on my Bold has been fine for me. Not to mention I have chargers everywhere and spare batteries, so meh.
    01-09-09 07:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD