When I lay in the tanning bed I use my BB to listen to music. I haven't found another topic on this matter, and I was wonderingggg....

Is it safe for my BB to be under the UV light and in the hot air? I'm only laying for about 15 minutes at a time.

Thanks for your help!

Also, it's a 9700 but I have an 8310 I use as well so I didn't want to double post this topic.

-Jordan
    01-26-10 05:54 PM
    Ive txted and the occasional call during a tanning bed session, but I wouldnt risk putting it under those conditions the entire time, just my 2 cents.
    01-26-10 05:58 PM
    Why don't you bring a microwave into the room with you too!
    01-26-10 06:06 PM
    If you are worried about what its doing to your BlackBerry what do you think its doing to your skin?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-10 06:32 PM
    I've taken my phones in a 180 degree sauna for periods of five minutes or more
    and nothing has happened to the devices.
    01-26-10 06:46 PM
    i dont know if its just me, but i would never put my bb in a tanning bed. lol

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    01-26-10 06:50 PM
    Studies have shown that 15 minutes a day of sun is actually healthy. And since there's no sun now I have to do it alternative ways ^_^

Anddd, as long as my bb doesn't fry I don't mind haha. I just wanna make sure it's safe and not gonna kill it.

01-26-10 06:57 PM
    My only concern would be with the screen. I have in the past had phone screens mess up being over exposed to the sun. Myself, I'd run to wal mart and pick up a 40 dollar player for situations like this.

01-26-10 07:13 PM
    I'm not sure exactly what type of plastics and other materials are used to make Blackberries, but some materials will degrade with repeated UV exposure. Not sure at what amounts etc...just throwing this out there.
    01-26-10 08:02 PM
    Tanning is really that bad for you, it's kinda just a myth.
    01-26-10 08:06 PM
    Why don't you get ear-buds and lay your Blackberry on a chair or something near but not in the tanning bed? That was it's not under the lights.
    01-26-10 08:11 PM
    i was just going to say prob not good for the screen.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    01-26-10 08:17 PM
    You would be better off with a cheap mp3 player or something instead of risking breaking your BB.
    01-26-10 08:18 PM
    I can't afford an MP3 player, I just bought a new BB LOL. And as far as the screen goes, will a protector matter? Or if I turn it over? I was just wondering if anyone else had experience with it. And I don't like using earbuds because they tend to leave weird tan lines lawls
    01-27-10 10:39 AM
    Not that much different than sitting pool side while using the Berry. I doubt the UV rays will affect it much, if you think it might, give it a foil hat.
    01-27-10 10:42 AM
    Studies have shown that 15 minutes a day of sun is actually healthy. And since there's no sun now I have to do it alternative ways ^_^

Anddd, as long as my bb doesn't fry I don't mind haha. I just wanna make sure it's safe and not gonna kill it.

Oh Im sure 15min of natural sunlight is great for you, but getting pumped with nothing but UV rays for 15min straight cannot be healthy. Isnt that why people turn orange?
    01-27-10 10:44 AM
    i really dont think the UVa & UVb rays are good for the blackberry... try putting on some sunscreen on the scren and see if that helps.

then move to another state... say california. where u dont have to be like the kids of Jersey Shore....

And yes, 15 minutes of SUN (keyword there) is good for the body, puts some potassium back into the body and also absorbs calcium.... i dont think that is in ur UV bulbs...
    01-27-10 10:48 AM
    My best friend left his 8900 out in the sun last summer(we live in arizona) for about 30mins. And the phone was damaged!!

I would never put my phone with me in a sauna or tanning bed .
    01-27-10 10:53 AM
    Just one response comes to mind when somebody would even think to subject their BB or any device to this situation....

"Seriously? It's 15 lousy minutes. Why risk it?"

01-27-10 03:41 PM
    I can't afford an MP3 player, I just bought a new BB LOL. And as far as the screen goes, will a protector matter? Or if I turn it over? I was just wondering if anyone else had experience with it. And I don't like using earbuds because they tend to leave weird tan lines lawls
    You can find MP3 players for $20 if you can't afford that you don't need a BlackBerry in the first place.
    01-27-10 04:44 PM
    or just drape a small towel over the BB while in the tanning bed..
    01-27-10 05:03 PM
    I appreciate the off-topic responses. My question was relating to the BB and the TB, not me and the TB. As far as the Jersey Shore comment goes, I'm not following, but that's beside the fact. More than likely I'll just do as Rock said and put a towel over it. Thanks everyone for your input.
    01-27-10 05:20 PM
    Gym Tan Laundry!!
    01-27-10 07:35 PM
    I would think if one has to ask, better safe than sorry.
    01-27-10 09:19 PM
    If I've done this, I usually put the BB either on the table near the tanning bed. Most tanning bed rooms have a stool/table or something to set your stuff on.
    01-27-10 11:44 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD